Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Please add per-account language setting

With multiple accounts in BB10, there should be a per-account language setting.

When replying to messages from the Hub that contain address fields (currently linkedin and all email accounts), fields are automatically populated and formatted using currently selected display language in settings and there is no was to switch this on the fly. I'm not talking about ALT+Enter as this changes the input language only.

For example, my display language is set to Croatian (Hrvatski) which is pretty well implemented. However, my primary email account is business account which requires correspondance in English. Currently if I reply to email all fields are populated in Croatian ("RE:" is "Odgovor:", "From:" is "Salje", etc) which third parties I'm replying to will not undestand. Furthermore, this breaks "conversations" features as my replies have "Odgovor" and third party "RE:". With many messages back and forth, subject line quickly becomes "Odgovor: RE: Odgovor: RE: Odgovor: RE: Odgovor: RE: Odgovor: RE: <subject>". To get around this, before I reply I have to go to language settings and change my display language back to English, then reply, then switch it back to Croatian. This gets very tedious in a hurry as I get a lot of messages requiring replies in different languages.

I have confirmed that this also affects when other display languages are set (German, French).

My proposal for a new pre-account language setting feature to be added. For each account I should be able to pick correspondance language which is not directly affected by my display language. My display language setting should be "mine" or "device's" visual setting. It should not affect formatting of my correspondence, hence accounts should have their own language setting.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. Regards,

Hrvoje Solc