Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
digitwebdesign
My Device: BB q10
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Please help with bouncing email

[ Edited ]

HI

I got a new q10 and at them same time moved from o2 to orange as my provider. Everything went well apart from if anyone sends me an email they get a return stating:

Your message:
To: {REMOVED}
Subject: PC Access
Sent Date: Tue Sep 17 11:05:46 2013
has not been delivered to the recipient's BlackBerry Handheld.

postmaster@o2email.co.uk via smtp10.bis7.eu.blackberry.com

I can not find anywhere to control this. 02 are blaming BB, Orange are clueless and i am so stressed... anyone with any ideas?

Regards

stu

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Please help with bouncing email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In accordance with community guidelines, your email address was redacted from your post. But, was it perhaps an @bb or @O2 email address? If so, that could be the problem..."hosted" email addresses, provided as part of BIS services with legacy BBs, are not supported under BB10 since BB10 does not use BIS. Refer:

• KB33260 BlackBerry (hosted) email address forwarding for BlackBerry 10 OS

So, if this is the case, then you need to convince O2 to institute the 1-year forwarding for you, and forward to some non-hosted email account, which you can then integrate to your BB10 device. You will, of course, need to actively migrate away from that hosted email address since, after the 1-year forwarding, it will be eliminated entirely.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
digitwebdesign

sdgardne wrote:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In accordance with community guidelines, your email address was redacted from your post. But, was it perhaps an @bb or @O2 email address? If so, that could be the problem..."hosted" email addresses, provided as part of BIS services with legacy BBs, are not supported under BB10 since BB10 does not use BIS. Refer:

• KB33260 BlackBerry (hosted) email address forwarding for BlackBerry 10 OS

So, if this is the case, then you need to convince O2 to institute the 1-year forwarding for you, and forward to some non-hosted email account, which you can then integrate to your BB10 device. You will, of course, need to actively migrate away from that hosted email address since, after the 1-year forwarding, it will be eliminated entirely.

Good luck and let us know!

=================================================================================

HI 

Thankyou for replying and yes i really felt like it was something to do with 02 as this was the previous provider. I have looked everywhere to disable the rule (if anywhere) to stop any email being asscociated with 02. I feel however that the assimulation is fixed (02 email and my email) as i know the old method of email was performed this way. I know the q10 allows me to by pass BB and smtp my own way.

It is driving me insane.................................... i think i need to force this politely with 02 who are denying this and saying it is a rule somewhere i have set up... IT is not :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

There is likely nothing you can directly do. You had, as a customer of O2, a hosted email address. That email address can only deliver to a legacy BB device (unless the forwarding rule is put onto the account by O2). BB10 devices cannot receive, except via forwarding, emails from these hosted addresses. Lastly, you cannot access, via a different carrier, the email hosted address from a different carrier.

Therefore, what I deduce has happened is that your legacy device was assigned, by O2, a hosted email address. Now that you have left O2, they had removed the association to your legacy device for that email address. Consequently, if anyone sends to that email address, they receive a rejection due to there being nowhere for O2 to deliver the email to.

Only O2 can resolve this. It should be quite simple for them to place the allowed forwarding onto the email address, and enable you to continue to receive these (via forwarding) for the 1 year period. Unless, of course, O2 has completely shut down the BIS account and thereby also shut down the email address. If that's the case, then there may be no account for them to actually enable the forwarding on. I don't know if the 1-year forwarding is contingent on remaining with that carrier or not...it is entirely possible that, to receive the forwarding, you would have had to remain an O2 customer, albeit with a non-BIS account for your BB10 device. Moving to a different carrier may well just completely have shut down that hosted email address, and there may well be nothing that can be done. Anyone who sends to that email address will forever receive such a rejection reply.

But, again, only O2 can look at their systems to see what exactly is going on.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
digitwebdesign

Thanks

after many hours searching and head scratching you have confirmed the same conclusion i came to. But with additional information regarding o2.........

thanks for taking the time and helping me out it is great to know i am not going insane lol and it is the fault of someone else. I can use this information to show my Phone Providers.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are quite welcome, and good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.