Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

chanchao
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Please put all the good things back on BB10, I need auto on and off function.

It's Absolutely RIDICULOUS that BB/RIM Excluded Most of the Old Options we Used BBs for in the First Place.

I bought Q10 yesterday with great joy and now already regretted it. I also got so angry and frustrated that all the good things missing from previous version. 

1. What is the deal with music player. I loved how it was easy just play music from each folder. Now you just pretend to be like apple. having to create playlist. What the hell is that? 

2. Where is my auto on and off function?

3. Why is the the pictures viewer is worse than it used to be?

4. Why the hell removing center touch pad, menu function and back button??? It is so **bleep** difficult to navigate, select and copy and paste? 

I don't know what else but I am sure there is a whole lot more missing from this phone. It is so expensive and not worth the money. Unless, something has improved real fast. I swear I will say good bye forever. 

Come on BB/RIM, Please Go Back to Being the BB U were sooo Loved For. STOP Forgetting the people that Loved U for U & STOP Trying to be like Other Smart Phone Makers!!! Put Back ALL of the OLD Options we Once Had along With your NEW Options. That's what will make U the GREATEST of All!!!

This ISN'T the time to CHANGE From what U once were bcuz real BB users Loved what U once were! This is the Time to ADD to what U once were to make U Far Better, NOT DELETE what U once were!

PLEASE LISTEN For Once BB/RIM!!! Please Give us Back ALL the Options we LOVED BB For, bcuz You'd be sooo Close to Perfection if U Added ALL of the NEW Options to ALL of the OLD Options..... And oh, perhaps an INSTANT BACK Button or an INSTANT MENU Button bcuz ALL this SWIPING (and from the EXACT Starting Point or U gotta do it Again) is a Real PAIN & Time Challenging! And Please Make the Changes to BOTH BBZ10 & BBQ10, Thanks Hey!

That's just my opinion & I'm sticking with it :smileywink:

Contributor
Bigessay
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Re: Please put all the good things back on BB10, I need auto on and off function.

[ Edited ]

I agree entirely, why not provide all the basic features that we need and like, albeit with a new GUI?

Apart from the lack of the auto on/off feature , here is what I find wrong with the Blackberry Q10 functionality

(OS update up to 10.1.0.4181 July 2013)

My main complaints are with the basic phone and texting facilities – fundamental services for a mobile phone!

Whatever happened to select/copy/paste?

Scenario 1

I received a call from a mobile. I wanted to respond by text. To do this I had to handwrite the mobile number on a piece of paper, then update the contact details with this mobile number by keying in the data. Then I could select the number to send the text (which I had to rewrite, see Scenario 2).

How it should work

There should be an option in the Phone page (: is not present in Phone) to select and copy the number (now if you touch a number it rings straight away!) to send a text or amend contact details in search (by copy/paste – not by keying in!).

Scenario 2

I am preparing a text message and get interrupted. I then want to go back to that message to complete and send it. The Q10 loses the message completely.

How it should work

Save the message and allow it to be searched for and edited before sending.

Scenario 3

I want to delete a text message, not a whole “chat”. The Q10 deletes all the messages in a Chat.

How it should work

Allow deletion of a single message, or a whole Chat.

Unless these things are fixed soon I will be checking my Q10 in the bin and going back to a Curve (or perhaps an Android).