Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: OPtus

Push Email: Z10 vs Q10 ??

HI,

May I know whether Z10/Q10 have push email function with Lotus or Microsoft ?

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Push Email: Z10 vs Q10 ??

Hello Jenny_G

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

The BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not use the BlackBerry Internet Service like the BlackBerry Torch 9860 smartphone does. The BlackBerry Internet Service is not an option for users looking to use BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

BlackBerry 10 uses the email delivery protocol indicated by the mail server the email account is on. In order to use the push functionality you will need to use Microsoft ActiveSync or IBM Lotus Notes Traveler. This functionality can be implemented by your email server administrator or internet service provider.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: OPtus

Hi Goose947, thanks for reply.

One more concern..Does it mean if I upgrade my handset to BB10, the Blackberry Internet Service under my current mobile plan will not be utilized any more? I have to use the data provided within the new plan instead?

Under previous plan, Optus gave unlimited blackberry browsing and email data for BB 9860 and I still love it...

Cheers,

Jenny

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

the BIS plan will allow internet access but this device will use more data

a generic data plan might cost less, it is about the same in the US

my wife has not hit her 2 gig limit, but I have gone over 7 with video streaming and hotspot useage

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V