Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

leegrx7
My Device: q10

Q 10 Hot spot ??

trying to determine if the Q10 can be used to generate a Hotspot/wireless??

Super Contributor
vfk
My Device: Q10

Re: Q 10 Hot spot ??

[ Edited ]

Yes, it works.  I've connected with iPads and laptops without problems.  You can even change the default SSID to something like "BlackberryRules!".

Warning... battery life is shorter and you might want to get an extended battery.  Love my 16800 Momax Turbo.

Also be prepared to rack up some data charges, especially if you are roaming in your travels.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/50635/mes1334608821448.jsp

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hot spot is nice on Q10 and Z10, I have used it on both of mine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

An external battery like a Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation can come in handy if you're going to be using your Hotspot feature for any extended period of time.

http://www.mophie.com/powerstation-duo-for-smartphones-and-tablets-p/2029_jpu-pwrstion-duo.htm

noy
New Contributor
noy
My Device: Curve

Go to settings --- network connections---scroll down to Internet Tethering---then turn on.

This will connect to another device via blue tooth. I see no option to tether via wi fi

Hope this helps

Super Contributor
vfk
My Device: Q10

Instead of Morphie, I prefer Momax that offers nearly 3 times the capacity, but the price is less....