Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: idea
Accepted Solution

Q 10 a little deeper insight

voice memos on q10 do not open as some applications using voice memos if opened do not let it happen ,,,,can we know all those options or quit all those in 1 go to start using voice memos

another irritant is to copy all pics and videos to device ,,,,is it possible to transfer from previous sd card

speed dialler without opening dialler screen

duplicated or triplicated contacts entries when moving  from os 7 device 9900 almost 70% additional entries seen 

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Q 10 a little deeper insight

Yes, it's possible to transfer from previous SD card. Go to file manager, highlight the files u need, long-press on the screen to show options then tap 'copy'. Move to desired location, do the same & tap paste.
If the files have been encrypted, then it's not possible. You have to undo that using the same device that encrypted the files.

On the duplicates issue, BB10 automatically integrates contacts from all your social networks into one list. You can select which to show in the main list from options. E.g. Skype, BBM, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Better still, multiple-select similar contacts and link them. They'll merge into a single contact with comprehensive details :smileyhappy:
Contributor

Thanks msb247.. I wish you could be in person for help but wishes are horses..and I will try to ride one on the horse you just gave me..tks friend
Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: Etisalat

You're welcome hmsingh. Though I couldn't help on voice memos and speed dial, I'm glad I could help somehow :smileyhappy:
Contributor

Another week another set of queries

1) can we rename videos

2) can we download videos recd on mail

3) when on multi sms the subsequent chats auto convert to mms

4) can't save a recd or sent mail in some archive / folder as wish to keep hub absolutely clean and message free at all times

5) do not see any possibility in contact to have mobile 1/2/3 or work 1/2/3 which is so very meaningless how does one know the importance of the no.. say if mob 1 is mr X and mob 2 is Mrs X how to call whom to call as each user has his own distinct saving style

5) true caller can't be loaded which I suppose is so important app to identify hoax calling

6) group calling by smsbynow has its own set of problems to be avlbe to be sent as a task only in active window

7) when sent multi sms if 1 or more recipients do not get the sms...who hasn't got is not clear unless sent 1 by 1

8) I suggest BlackBerry should develep a base common to all package and allow users to make a choice to customize his needs

9) feel orphaned after 2 weeks of taking rebirth in Q10 world..alive but insecure is to summarize the feeling
Contributor

Another day another point.. earlier BlackBerry had a wonderful facility called send as...

Example a text recd or sent could be sent as mail incl the no or vice versa..this feature is no more seen...!! any reasons...!!

Contributor

Renaming of files like videos...how is it possible to do that when you have 100s of small clips with strange auto generated id's
Contributor

Can we send a recd or sent text or mail as

Send as option.....!!

Earlier was a breeze to send text as mail or mail as text or even bbm chat as mail...!!

How about now

Also in bbm groups is there a possibility to maintain a history of few days as now once a group chat is deleted you don't see any history behind