Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Bell

Q 10 update 10.2 killed wifi connection

I updated to the 10,2 this afternoon. Now my wifi connection, to my home wifi, is disabled. I have re entered password several times, restarted phone twice.  Message I receive is : "Unable to authenticate against the netwrok. Verify saved networks secutity settings."   What can I do ? Previously( before installing update) there was not problem with the Q 10 phone connecting to the wifi. 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Q 10 update 10.2 killed wifi connection

Welcome to the forums, have you tried rebooting your router and then the phone?

Some routers are a bit funny apparently.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

Yes I have rebooted the router and the phone and I still get the same " unable to authenticate against network" message. The Hub also keeps giving me notifications the the saved networ is disabled by my device. It tells me to open the saved network and check my password. I have done this several times and still end up with the " unable to authenticate " message. :smileysad:

Developer

Okay, have you tried deleting the wifi network under your phones settings and then adding it again?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Contributor

I have tried to delete it ( selected rubbish bin icon and "delete" but the it is still there. What else can I do to delete it?
Developer

Short of doing a security wipe this is the best you can do.

Take a look at this...

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/50635/mes1340653667965.jsp

Hopefully something in here will work. :-)

Contributor

OK. I went through all the suggestions on the "can't connect to the internet". My problem is that although my home network shows up as an available network it no longer shows up in the list of saved networks. I have tried to 'Add" it again but that does not help. If I have to do the security wipe I will loose all data the phone!!! I have backed up this phone with BBerry Link. before installing the update. Can I just restore the previous system ? Previously I had no problems accessing my home network.
Developer

Its worth a try, back up again before you do.

Contributor

I am thinking that I want to restore from the backup and that will be similar to taking a pc to a previous "restore" point. In other words I want to go back to the settings before the problem started to happen. If I back up the phone now with the  Q10.2 on it i may just be backing up the problem update. then if I restore from that I may be back in the same pickle again.

I have two questions: 1)Can I just restore the backup of the system i did two days ago before the update?  2)Do I need to do a security swipe before attempting to restore?

Contributor

After trying everything else I did the Security Swipe and then restored from my backup. The problem STILL exists. I cannot connect to my home wifi network. I can connect to a public network that does not require a password but not to my home wifi. I have done te security swipe and resotre twice! I have done it with the router off power and then the phone powered down, reconnected the router and after 10 minutes re started phone. Always the same  :" Unable to authenticate against network. Verify saved networks security settings."

I have spoken with my ISP and they have verified that my password and settings are correct.

I am really desperate now. Is there anyone who can help me????