Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

paulsinger
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Q10 BUGS

I keep finding bugs with my Q10. Here is my list so far!

• SMS Text box doesn’t resize (expand) as you type so when you’ve typed one line of text you have to manually keep tapping into the box to see the latest text entered.
  • In the Hub, comments made to postings in groups do not display – give error message – hub only displays Likes and comments on non-group postings
  • In Voice Control, emails always originate from default account – no way to change by voice control. (would be good if BB remembered last account used for that addressee like 9900 did)
  • Bug in Pictures Galley – some photos only show up as a black square in preview
  • Error in Linked in hub integration. Request for connection takes you to Web portal for Linked In instead of Linked In Application (forcing you to log into the online portal or abort the process and manually go into the application).
  • No speed dial from holding key on keyboard – unless keypad displayed in phone application – should work from any screen like 9900
  • Autocomplete does not allow CR/LF to be entered meaning all autocomplete/autotext entries have max 1 line (should allow CR/LF line 9900).
  • No charging points on lower edge for desk cradle.
  • Text fades off towards right hand edge of screen – annoying
  • Pinch to expand/contract text in emails and pages sometimes works but does not wrap lines so if you enlarge text you have to keep moving the page back and forth to see it all!
  • Cannot enlarge text/font in apps like Facebook – text too small – text setting only affects hub/emails
  • No in-built setting to switch camera shutter noise off.
  • Hub occasionally stops syncing emails – you don’t know you’ve not received any as you get no warning but when you get back to your PC you find there were lots of emails. The only cure is to reboot the BB or restart the Hub using the 5 vertical swipes trick.
  • Hub occasionally fails to mark emails as read even though they have been opened. This usually happens when you are reading emails by moving from one to the next using the N and P keys (for next/previous). The only cure is to reboot the BB or restart the Hub using the 5 vertical swipes trick.
  • Email autocomplete cache cannot be edited – so invalid email addresses remain in the cache and are suggested (unlike Outlook which automatically deletes invalid email addresses or addresses where a bounce-back occurs, and allows you to delete email addresses from the cache using the delete key).

All help/suggestions welcome!!

Please use plain text.
Sprinco
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q10 BUGS

Is there any answer to the first item listed below that the SMS text box doesn't resize (expand) when you type. It's very frustrating and time consuming.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lmcjipo
My Device: Blackberry Q10 & Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I think that I discovered 1 bug.

The contacts don't synchronize (at least they don't work for my Google contacts and my Blackberry contacts using CardDAV).

It will synchronize once (during the setttng up phase) but after that, making a change on my Blackberry Q10 contacts doesn't get reflected on my Google Contacts and making a change on my Google Contacts doesn't cause the change to be reflected on my Blackberry Q10 contacts.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Please use plain text.
Milanisti7Sheva
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Singtel

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I just realised that all the previous date data of text, phone log, email were gone, only BBM still exist.

Any idea how come this thing occured?

Everytime touch the sms and phone, will automatically goes to hub instead of the apps itself.

Thanks

Please use plain text.