Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Q10 Battery and heating problems

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me.

My Q10 get hot very quickly and my battery collapse after 4/5hours.

I need to charge it twice a day. I have tried disabling 4G,Bluetooth and NFC. I am not using APS FB, Twitter, Weather, Linkedin and making very few calls. I have the most recent OS installed : 10.1.0.2309.

Super Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Q10 Battery and heating problems

Here's a test.... what happens if you turn off the mobile and wifi for an hour?  Does the battery temperature stay cool at the end of the hour?

I've seen mobile and wifi scanning in weak locations cause phones to warm and accelerate battery depletion.

New Contributor

So, do you mean I have to turn my BB into the ariplane mode.
Super Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Yes, for just an hour or two.  The objective is the determine if the problem the battery/heating issue related to poor reception where the phone needs to work harder.  This was a problem with a co-worker who had a small carrier with out a building repeater.  Once he was outside, his phone work properly.  By turning on/off wifi and mobile independently, you isolate the signal problem.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Viva Bahrain

dear brothers,
i have same problem. and as you told before. i already done this. but the problem was same. even i don't use facebook, skype, linked in, twitter, square, or any other social app. i just calls 5-7 numbers only. but i lost my 100% battery with in 5-6 hours.
even i recharge it at night and all night i was sleep along with mobile. and in the morning it reduces its 25% battery. i think its too much
New Contributor

Thanks for the advise, but it didn't work. I have just returned to Vodafone, I wish they can replace it with another one. I cannot work with a device that dies before noon.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

i´m a Blackberry fan and chose the Q10 because I wanted to have a "real" keypad. I´ve been using the Q10 since October, and had constantly problems with an overheating (and quickly decaying) battery.

When the problem occurred, Vodafone sent me a new battery. When the problem persisted, they´ve sent me a new phone. The problem still appeared, although it did not happen constantly. By turning the phone off (sometimes by just ripping the battery while the phone is on), the problem would go away, returning from time to time. I couldn´t identify a cause.

In the meantime, my display broke and yesterday I´ve got a new phone. Now guess what ??? The battery is overheating again! I changed the battery against the one from my old one - overheating again !

After the experience above, I believe this is a construction error. 

Having said this, now the question: is there a workaround to solve it ???

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: globe telecommunications

I have the sam problem with the battery life. Almost all of battery consuming apps are disbled but still the battery could only last from 4-5 hours. Is there any update why such with the Q10? it's pretty much dissapointing.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is not a matter of battery or software but the device.

I guess there is a number of q10 in the market with this problem. I have solved it returning the Q10 to Vodafone that replaced me with a new one, with no problem of battery drain and/or overheating.

Now the battery last 2 days, and it warms a little bit if I am using, on stanby mode the mobile is cold.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: globe telecommunications

I tried returning my Q10 at the retailer but it simply says it because of the network setting, i should be only setting it up on 3g so that battery consumption would not be too fast. Well, can anybody help me on this? I just can't figured out how others would find their Q10 alive up to 10-15hours, mine can't even last for 5 hours. Smiley Sad