Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
alhatmy
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Q10 Black Screen !!

Hi there

Wondering if anyone got the same problem?

While using Q10 suddenly after using BBM then the screen lock timeout comes... 

The screen would stay on BLACK!! I can't see anything unles I press the power button for few seconds then I can see "Restart - Shutdown" options

After restart everything works fine

Any solution??

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Q10 Black Screen !!

Could it have been you locked the device and accidently put it into bedside mode?

HAve you try swiping up when the screen goes black?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alhatmy

It just happened again!

it seems that when I just finished my phone & was trying to go to another application, it brought me back to the call program as it shows me "the call ended" then the dim display starts to make the screen goes in black

I just pressed the power button! It’s all black again!

When I press the power button there is light in the keyboard, I can see the volume increasing for example in the screen 

But how can I reopen the phone without restarting it?

plz help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alhatmy

I tried to swap up-down & all sides .. nothing ..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alhatmy

I got sick from this Q10, again !!

once I hung up the phone suddnly by it self !!!!!!

Please use plain text.
bbtorjie
My Carrier: TELUS

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my device. The screen will stay 'locked/black' and will not unlock unless I reboot the device!

Question for you the Original Poster; are you using the Blackberry magnectic holster?

Can we please get more information on how to resolve the issue or what the issue may be? Thank you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alhatmy

thanx for ur reply

No I'm not using it.

I think reinstalling the IOS might fix it ??

Please use plain text.
richboyles

I am having the same issue; my provider won’t warranty the device unless I can reproduce the issue in their store...

One solution was that I was holstering the device in the wrong direction and that the magnet may have an impact on the screen.  I don’t think that is the case as I had it happen his morning and the device was holstered “correctly” with the screen facing in.

Their only suggestion at this point is to wait for a patch…I hope that patch has a way of extending the life of the battery….somehow I don’t see the business world appreciating the  need to re-charge a business tool part way through the day.  I struggle to get a full day of email/phone use with very little browsing and No streaming…

Please use plain text.
macchesney
My Carrier: Telus

I'm a long time BlackBerry user and am having the same problem. I switched to an iphone for 8 months but missed the key board so I came back. This black screen issue is really starting to tick me off. They need to come up with a solution. 

Please use plain text.
technovice
My Carrier: Virgin

I am having a similar problem when I make a phone call.  Once the call is connected, the screen will go black within about 20 seconds. I am able to continue with my phone call but when I want to end the call and I try to tap the screen so that I can see the option to end the call by pressing the red phone -my screen does not respond and stays black. I have to lightly press the power button to make my screen appear and then I can end my call. 

Hopefully, I don't have a defective handset and this is a problem that can be corrected by an update.

Please use plain text.