Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
vijitc
My Device: Q10, Z10

Re: Q10 BlackBerry Keyboard Shortcuts

This is a bug reintroduced in 10.1. I am an international traveller so all my numbers are stored in international format. This is driving me crazy too. The worst part is that the same bug was in the original 10.0 which was fixed in an update. Seems like the 10.1 team lost that fix. Blackberry please fix this called ID problem with international number format.

Vijit Coomara
Forums Advisor II
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

I can confirm this, I have stored the phone numbers of all my contacts in the format

+41 11 111 1111      (+41 is the country prefix for Switzerland)

When I initiate the action

text <contact name> it displays the number as

+41 111111111

When I start texting it is displayed as

+41111111111

So the only workaround for me at the moment is to find the contact in the contact list and start texting from there. This displays the contact correctly.

Interestingly this does not happen for phone calls. If I type

call <contact name>

it displays the name correctly.

So this is definitely a bug. I would not change all your numbers to a different format. I'd rather wait until Blackberry has solved the issue.

Contributor
bbexp

Missing shortcuts 

#1 Home Screen Shortcuts

Long Press for phone speed dial, one key press for app shortcuts

Details

1. Just like we always had long press any key for speed dial

2. Give us the option to have the home screen function like a live search (as it works now)

or we can assign each key to a program of our choice (and use the "s" to launch the live search), like it was on the 9900, but make it better where we can choose what program gets launched using what key (before it was hardcoded and was not changeable by the user)

The current option in the search  is nice (like "bbm mark") but does not replace the direct key to program shortcut.  (it's not a conflict you can have both)

#2 Email Advanced/Saved Search

Message Advanced Search, with its Saved Search option linked to a hot key.

Details

on the 9900 if I wanted to search all my unread email from client "X"

1. Press M from the home screen (to open my email box)

2. Press Alt+O (or any saved key) from the message list (to bring up a saved search..)

that took me less than 2 seconds,

Now try doing that on the Q10 and let me know how many keys you have to press, and more 

important how long it will take you!! Actually you can't even do it since you can only search for 1 item at a time, I can't search for all emails where the "from address" is mail@mail.com and the subject contains "call me" etc.

How it should work..

1. Just Bring back what we had in os7 

#3 "Mark Prior Read" Keyboard Shortcut.

"Mark prior read" needs keyboard shortcut and is not working properly 

#4 Camera App keyboard shortcuts

Camera app has no keyboard shortcut to change flash options, change from video to picture, swap to front camera   

Now please don't say.. well you can do that by pressing here and swiping there and tapping there.. let's make the Q10 keyboard work for us...

it's about getting the job done faster.. and more efficatintly

Thanks

Contributor
franzr77
My Device: Bold 9900

i agree. keyboard shortcuts and speeddialing is definetely missing. very anoying fpr long term blackberry users. it also would be nice to remove the camera-icon in the bottom right and replace it with the calendar. bb is for business useres but it seems to me that they forgot this
Contributor
chauhdrywaqasahmad
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Contacts Issue

Respected Brothers,

I have a contact problem with BB Q10, like other android or iphones this is gonna make call log multiple, for example: if i called person A once. or again when i will call there will be 2 entries in call log, Why? i hate this log. you know. i am BB user. and i am concious about this. i love all the BB options ever. like call log. contacts and everything. but now i don't like this... is this a bug? or now they installing their own this type of log?

i am waiting please Help !!!

Thanks & Regards,

Chauhdry Waqas Ahmad

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

chauhdrywaqasahmad, I have posted a solution for in the other thread where you asked. Please don't post off topic questions in threads. Thanks for understanding.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
devlberry
My Device: Bold 9900

How about this for "on"topic...... until BlackBerry gives us auto-Bcc back (via something like BIS or whatever) or at least speed dials straight from the home screen using the KEYBOARD on a dang QWERTY phone (yes the Q10), I'm guarding my beloved 9900 with my life!

JSanders

Cute. You should.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
gerald4365

I should spend some time reading about shortcuts, as I have lots to learn.

Ran a 9300 for years and gave it to my wife now. That is a rock solid performer. Q10, sorry, it is just way smarter than I am.

Minimize app, the start at the bottom and swipe up. That is one tough one to learn, especially for some one that hates touch screen to begin with. Give me back that top row of buttons, BB button menus, back, etc. But you may be able to give us all a very useful shortcut. I don't think alt backspace is taken yet. Use alt-backspace to minimize the current app. That would be so sweet, and somewhat intuitive.

Arrow keys. I used to think that tiny scroll pad was pretty hoaky, but I learned to appreciate it. I would love to have that back. there must be a better way that chasing that circle around a page, or trying to tap the correct spot. Imagine selling a computer keyboard that didn't have a set of arrow buttons. 

Try that alt-backspace, and then we can work on some other issue.

Gerald

JSanders

Gerald, I'd encourage you to also go read this initial post in this link for Z10 tips and tricks, many of them apply to the Q10 and could help you enjoy and understand more of the intuitive shortcuts and gestures on the device.

Knowledge Base Updates