Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10

Re: Q10 BlackBerry Keyboard Shortcuts

Have anybody tried in the homescreen, press long any key, the setup speed dial window will appear and you can assign a phone number from your contact. after that whenever you want to call this contact you can press long that key and the phone will dial the assigned number.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30 - Z10 - Q5 - Playbook - Bold 9790 - Torch 9860 - Bold 9780 - Bold 9700 - Curve 8520 - Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Not Specified

Wow - Awesome Contribution :smileyvery-happy:

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For More visit My Blog
New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Can anyone advise if the j and k keys are or will be supported any time soon? Not being able to follow a thread is extremely annoying. I will offer to beta this functionality.....

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

tjhbb wrote:

Can anyone advise if the j and k keys are or will be supported any time soon? Not being able to follow a thread is extremely annoying. I will offer to beta this functionality.....

...will be supporting what?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Hi. Just a quick question. I just got a q10 and when i start typing a command from the home screen, such as call or sms, a weird search-field appears and it seems to be searching for the text i am typing in my phone content. what do i do about that? I really want to be able to use the typing a command shortcuts. Also, it seems i have to enter the country-prefix at the beginning of each contact in order to be able to use it. When i start typing in the number-field, the rest of the number disappears. can i edit the number or do i have to manually enter all my contacts again? Thanks!

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you typing this from the Hub?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

No not in the hub. The phone numbers from the phone/contacts-app, and the shortcut-commands that are supposed to work i type streight from the home-screen. Meanwhile i fixed all the phone numbers but i am really stuck on what to do about the typing shortcuts. i looked in the settings but didn't find anywhere you could sort of disable the automatic search. Any input is great. Thanks =)