Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: Q10 BlackBerry Keyboard Shortcuts

I have read lots, and if there is a keystroke to minimize an app, I missed it. What is the shortcut, that will be faster than me reading to find where I missed it.

Admittedly I was a bit critical. And yes I have lots to learn. It is a big jump from 9300 with no data to a Q10 with a full data load. 

What I like. With the mobile hotspot I am able to connect my comkputer to the internet. that is wha tI bought the setup for and that works, most days , well. My initial attempt at tethering with the tether command were frutile and frustrateing.

Email on the go is nice bonus. Text works, though I miss a few features, from the old model, and am getting used to using the screen. I miss some menu options on some screens, and this seems to be inconsistent, so I need more practice at this.

I am learning to text by voice, and that will be nice. I was able to bluetooth great, yet my brother spent a few hours linking one truck, so go figure.

there are days I figure it should be called Q10B, B for beta version, as there seem to be holes in how it works, Oh shizzer, I am being critical again. 

The phone as a phone was pretty crappy, until the guy at Rogers store reset my phone and my account with Rogers. Now it is pretty clear. Oh, and The first 3 days were real tough in that Rogers turned off my Data plan. It took two guys at the Rogers store more than an hour to figure that one out.

It is just over a month that I have used it.

Gerald

Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There's not a keystroke that I know of to close an app.

The Q10 is some of the best hardware out there. There are many upgrades and coming features to be added, and you may feel it's still in beta but I still think even with the OS as it is, darn good device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: qw0

I totally agree! there must be a short cut for arrow keys! blackberry is for people who type, and there must be a quicker and easier way to travel back and forth in the text without fumbling with your fingers. it is so annoying trying to hit the right spot in the small screen. it takes time and you can't even get it right most of the time, so you simply give up. please, would BB take this into consideration and create an easy and quick short cut for the arrows.
New Contributor

I totally agree with Gulo.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

gulo wrote:
I totally agree! there must be a short cut for arrow keys! blackberry is for people who type, and there must be a quicker and easier way to travel back and forth in the text without fumbling with your fingers. it is so annoying trying to hit the right spot in the small screen. it takes time and you can't even get it right most of the time, so you simply give up. please, would BB take this into consideration and create an easy and quick short cut for the arrows.

An easy solution for the Q10 would be 

1.  Alt + Delete key to move back on a line like arrow right

2.  Shift + Delete Key to move forward on a line like arrow left

it would take then a very short time to implement and save us all lots of time :smileyhappy:

Contributor

JSanders wrote:

There's not a keystroke that I know of to close an app.

The Q10 is some of the best hardware out there. There are many upgrades and coming features to be added, and you may feel it's still in beta but I still think even with the OS as it is, darn good device.

----------------------

Alt + Symbol key to get to the home screen

it would take then a very short time to implement and save us all lots of time :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

I am just short of the second month with the Q10, and must admit it works well for what I do. Talk, text, and access internet for my laptop. There are a few key combinations that are open. Alt+enter, alt+sym, alt + backspace, alt + shift, alt + enter. Some would be pretty logical for the things we are missing. Flipping the number pad into an arrow key mode, does any one else remember that far back. Till then I am with the rest of you, stroking the screen, till I get the reaction I am looking for. stroking and stroking. I would suggest alt + backspace to close the current app, take enter out of send a text and make that alt + enter, save alt + sym to start and turn off the arrow keys.

Contributor

Any shortcut to launch an application? For example: from the unlocked screen, just type "l" for calendar, or "a" for address book, or "p" for phone etc. This used to be supported on BB7. 

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Blackberry Classic

bbexp wrote:

1.  Alt + Delete key to move back on a line like arrow right

2.  Shift + Delete Key to move forward on a line like arrow left

Not really a good solution, "Alt+Delete" deletes a character to the right of the cursor while "Delete" on its own deletes a character to the left of the cursor. So that key combination is already used.

Anyhow, it would be gread to have cursor keys (also for up and down). But that didn't exist on OS7 either, but at least you had the track pad.

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Thanks for this!

Follow my blog: johnpelquingua.com