Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
robert45
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Q10 Deleting Email from my Mail Server, Email is gone!!!!!!!!

This is new to my Blackberry experience.  It did not happen on the Bold.

Ofter when traveling on the road I clear out my emails from my Q10, Delete Prior.

The emails have always been available from my Laptop when I need to access them.

However, now surprising me, when I delete Emails from Q10 they are deleted from my POP mail server.

So I lost some valuable emails when I tried to use my Laptop to retrieve them.

What is going on here.  This is not good.

Is there a setting to fix this?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Q10 Deleting Email from my Mail Server, Email is gone!!!!!!!!

The Q10 is not an updated Bold.  It is entirely new platform that doesn't work anything like the old BlackBerry.  It uses an entirely different email system.  Your old Bold used BIS  (BlackBerry Internet Service) for retrieving emails and there was no true two-way sync.  With the BB10 devices there is true email sync and things actually work like they should...just not what you're used to.  In certain older versions of OS 10 there was no way to delete on the handheld and not the server.  However, OS 10.2.1 did add that capability.  If you don't have 10.2.1 you can install it here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sach...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
robert45

I am sorry but I do not understand the link to upgrade the OS.  My curent BB Q10 OS is 10.1.0.2030.

Is this the current OS.  Are you saying with the new OS link my emails will not delete off the POP server.

Thanks

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you can follow the simple instructions in that link you can update your OS and have the option to delete on handheld only or both.

If you don't feel like you can follow those instructions or don't want to then you will have to wait until your carrier releases the update.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
robert45

Thanks for the help. I guess there is no Download app for a Mac.
Guru I
John_Clark

There is a download for Mac for Sachesi. I've not tried it personally so I didn't put it in the first post.

http://www.qtness.com/blog/?p=273
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Sachesi for Mac? yep...

Link here

*edit oh duplicate, sorry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
kepa331
My Device: Blackberry Q10

hi, i have the same problem. i now have the new os 10.2.1.2141 but still does not give me the option to delete from handheld or server. do i need to do anything in the settings of the bb?

Guru I
John_Clark

From the hub click more. Then select Display and Actions. The option is down toward the bottom.
Contributor
kepa331
My Device: Blackberry Q10

thank  you found it