Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
robert45
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Q10 Deleting Email from my Mail Server, Email is gone!!!!!!!!

There are not many options here, and the issue has not been solved.

I decided to live with it being careful not to delete any emails until I opened them on my PC's.

Blackberry should fix this.

I love Blackberry.  My BB 9900 Bold that was stolen was a really good technology.  The Q10 in my opinion needs some attention.

If you delete a email on your Q10 before you opened and saved it on one of your PC's it will be gone.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't understand. You marked it solved. You can easily delete just on handheld only now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

robert45 wrote:

If you delete a email on your Q10 before you opened and saved it on one of your PC's it will be gone.

John is correct. This has been fixed.

Now, the question is since you are on ATT, have you upgraded to OS 10.2.1?

When you do, you will have the option you need. ATT is holding you back if you have not upgraded, BUT you can upgrade outside of ATT if you want.

SO >> What is your Operating System loaded to your device?   From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

He is the OP of this thread and even though Att is his hold up I gave him everything he needed to solve his problem.

Again, BlackBerry did solve the problem. Att has decided not send the fix to its customers. Again, you can update without having it pushed from Att.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
petercreasey
My Device: Q10

John_Clark wrote:, BlackBerry did solve the problem

John (and J),   I thought the 10.2.1.2102 version fix had a bug whereby if you deleted a list of emails all at once, then they are deleted from the server.

Is this not true?

Thanks!

. . . .  Pete

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That is true. But if you delete them one by one it works as designed.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
robert45
My Device: Bold 9900

So if  you have a bunch of emails recieved in a given day and do not have access to your PC you have to delete them one at a time, no delete prior to clean the Q10.  That is a weak solution.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You can clean the Q10 but it cleans your mailbox too.

There's no sense in complaining since you don't want to install the fix anyway. The workarounds are so simple it's just hardly a major issue. You're used to a system that didn't work as it really should have and you just got used to it. Any other smartphone does the same thing. I can't delete something from my iPad and have it stay on my server either.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rnorwood
My Device: Blackberry Q10

I have changed the setting on my Blackberry Q10 to delete on handheld only, but it is still deleting messages from the server. I am in the same situation as the original poster in that I have lost messages I intended to keep even after changing the settings in my phone.

Is there a step in this process that I am unaware of?

Thanks for all the help.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If you delete one at a time they will delete only from the handheld. If you delete multiple at once they still delete on the server.
Please use plain text.