Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bright Star

Q10 IMAP Work Email "Auto-Read"

Hi all,

Recently i have a problem where my Q10 IMAP work email will automatically turn the unread emails into read. I found this issue one day in the morning as i notice my unread emails suddenly drops.

I am pretty sure these emails were not read in any of my devices (PC, Laptop or tablets).

However, this issues isnt apply to my Yahoo or Gmail mailbox in my Q10. Only particularly on my IMAP work email.

Hope to get some advice for this issues.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Q10 IMAP Work Email "Auto-Read"

Hello,

It would be quite odd indeed for the device to automatically mark emails as "read"...indeed, I know of no way for it to do that. Rather, some other interface may well be marking them as such, and when that replicates to the server, it further dutifully replicates to the device interface (as it is supposed to do). So, while you say you are "pretty sure these emails were not read in any of my devices", you will need to be 100% certain.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bright Star

Dear sdgardne,

Thank you for response. 

I am 110% sure that my other devices did not read the same emails, i did cross check on my outlook in my laptop, they are all still unread while my Q10 has already automatically "Read". 

1) Macbook Pro 2011 version - Using Microsoft Outlook. 

2) Q10 Blackberry - Work IMAP Email

3) iPad 1 - Build-in Mail apps (but i rarely use it anymore) 

Hope to get some advices from the community soon.

Cheers

Cyrus Low 

Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

i seem to be having the same problem; however i'm using SMTP.

I did leave outlook open on my desktop and the emails were downloaded from the server, however they still showed as unread on my desktop.

My phone doesn't even beep for some emails and I only see them later when searching for something as being in the hub and already read.  Its affecting my work.