Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
rrus
My Device: Q10

Q10 - IMAP - setting up SENT ITEMS folder

Hi there,

After long war with IMAP I have finally setup email account with all folders synce, but SENT ITEMS are not syncing.
The folder which was created in BB10 is not visible on IMAP server. Is ther any way (like in IOS) to setup destination for SENT ITEMS folder. Let say I am making SENT_ITEMZ folder on the server, then mapping on BB device but need to have an option to force BB to save to that specific folder

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Q10 - IMAP - setting up SENT ITEMS folder

Hi TXFM,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.
To fix this issue, could you please remove the email account from your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone, then create the sent items folder on the mail server first and then re-add the email account to your BlackBerry smartphone?
Now that a Sent folder has been created on the mail server, after integrating the IMAP email account, this folder should become the default folder for sent items on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
patopman
My Device: Bold 990 and Q10

Hello,

That's interesting as I have the same issue with icloud and my "sent" emails that don't synch on my computer...
Could you explain how you create a "sent items folder" ?

Thanks
Regular Contributor
patopman
My Device: Bold 990 and Q10

That's interesting as I have the same issue with my sent emails from icloud that don't synch and impossible to add it to the folders...

Could you please explain how you create a "sent items folder" ?

Thanks

APG1959
My Device: BB Q10

The inability of this BB Q10 to fully execute IMAP is crazy.

I've spent 3-days following every suggestion I can find, and some of my own, to get an @blueyonder.co.uk IMAP account set up on the Q10. Everything goes swimmingly well until it comes to sending email: the Q10 will only put the sent email in its local folder 'Sent'. However the IMAP is set up for 'Sent Items' to be the IMAP folder server for sent emails. This IMAP account is accessed by XP, iPad and now this BB Q10. The other devices sync 2-way faultlessly.

The BB Q10 will not place a sent email in the server Sent Items folder.

The IMAP account on the Q10 is set up correctly, even 2-way sync (delete an Inbox email or mark read/unread on Q10,  it reflects on the server). It can see and active sync is enabled on the server Sent Items folder. 

But it only places a sent email on local folder Sent. 

Absolutely crazy; we only have this phone for its physical keyboard and the famed BB email abilities. As far as I can see, it's an illustration of why BB seems to be going down the pan.

I've followed suggestions in this thread; also, tried setting up a gmail account to receive forwarded emails from the @blueyonder.co.uk address. When replying and selecting the @gmail address, it correctly places the sent email in a server folder. But when replying (or sending) as @blueyonder.co.uk, it only places it locally.

I cannot rename the server folder as 'Sent' because that's a system folder (label) that I have to hide, because I can't get the XP compu' and the iPad to sync to that folder. For info, @blueyonder.co.uk has gmail back end, so it's effectively a gmail account (no, you can't set it up as one on the Q10).

AAAAARRGH

New Contributor
pembas
My Device: torch

hang a second, APG 1959, am I right in reading you wrote this blog end of Aug?! and Blackberry still has not done anything about this?!!!!!!

BBerry, can you please tell you are working on it?! Can you please assure the world you are still the best email mobile phone, but you are currently undergoing a restructuring or reassambling your tech after the buyout or say you have just been on a long holiday - whatever it is - and you are all now back to FIX THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MODERN MOBILE COMMUNICATION i.e. your Sent Folder sync and the Blackberry Link software !!!!!!!

You risk loosing the last ones of us still sticking around and not migrating to the likes of Apple and Samsung.

So what is it?! Yes or No?! We need an answer NOW, otherwise we are ALL out of here!

APG1959
My Device: BB Q10

Yes, silence since then. Now my wife (for whom the Q10 was intended) is on 🍏 iPhone 4S and my 2 BB-fans whom I interested in the phone have given up because:

Friend #1 is in Belgium and his provider wanted €460 to activate BB worldwide on it and

Friend #2 in China (German guy living there) could not wholly instal We Chat (a popular social media app) that works on Android, Apple and I think Windoze and is used by, conservatively, 300m people.

Does anyone want to buy a BB Q10 ?
New Contributor
pembas
My Device: torch

ok, I found the solution: once you set up with MS Exchange it does sync all your Sent Items, as well as contacts and calendar etc.

Problem is now with the Notes sync, which I suspect is a MS problem not a BBerry problem though.

HOWEVER: ever since I set up MS Exchange my battery drains within a few hours AND it heats up A LOT I can bearly keep it in my trousers pocket let alone hold it!!!!

AND we have not yet addressed the Bberry Link issue yet: when you fire up Win 8 (in my case) Bberry  Link does not automatically recognize your Q10. you need to connect it with the USB port first, and once Bberry Link connected with the Q10, then you can unplug - in fact you want to very quickly unplug it - to avoid the WIndows system crash!!