Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Eagle99
My Device: Q10

Q10 New upgrade to 10.2.0.429 Now battery drains in about 4 to 5 hours.

I downloaded the new upgrade 10.2.0.429 Thursday night and now my battery only lasts about 4 to 5 hours before it is dead. I went into the new app manager and it shows that BBM is running constantly at nearly 50% CPU usage thus the constant use the phone is getting warm and feels like the battery is over heating slightly. At least it is a lot warmer than it used to be. Most likely because a process is constantly running. I have tried to look for a way to stop BBM from running constantly but there does not seem to be a way. Except trying to delete BBM and reinstalling. Which is one of the options I am debating right now but not even sure if that is possible.

Have also seen some people have downloaded the leaked version of the new OS coming soon. But I am leery of doing this with the issues I have had with this download and there will be no support for a leaked version.

I have also seen some people have done a back up of their phone and cleared everything off and reinstalled it that is also an option at this point. But not wanting to do this as I am concerned I will not get all my data back and the amount of time to do it. But with the amount of time I have spent trying to find another solution it may be an option now.

I have tried to contact my carrier they say I need to contact BlackBerry support so I tried contacting Blackberry and they say I need to either pay $49 for them to look at it or contact my Carrier have been working on this for almost 2 Days researching what I can do and no one seems to have any idea how to fix it. I am beyond frustrated at this point and really could use some support to fix this phone that I loved before it started to last only a few hours before it is dead.

Please can someone help me figure out what I should do. Loved the phone and Blackberry but this situation is making me second guess my choice in phones would love a solution that could make me love this phone again. Also love some of the new upgrades they included if it all worked properly.

New Contributor
hcheung2us
My Device: q10

Re: Q10 New upgrade to 10.2.0.429 Now battery drains in about 4 to 5 hours.

Hi,

I don't have the same problem as you but I know how to conserve energy battery.   Don't pay $49 extra service as it is a waste of money.  They don't do much and most likely at last they will tell you to contact your carrier and worst of all you need to send in your phone to have it check out.  It is a waste of time and they will give you a temporarily use phone that may not be a smartphone and worst of all you have to a fee and a deposit to use the temporarily phone.  It is not fair.  Don't you agree that the Carrier and Blackberry should pay for the issues?  Why does the customer have to pay for it?  It is not fair and there is no logic to it. the $49 is just for Blackberry to make more money to increase their bottom line in my opinion.  What ever the reason it is, it just does not feel right for the customer to absorb the cost.  Afterall, the customer did not cause the problem.  Right? Then, why does the customer have to pay for an issue, which customer did not cause?  why and why?  It all comes down to one logical conclusion.  Blackberry is not act on the Customer's best interest. To me, it seems like th bottom line and profits are more important than the customer needs.  WRONG WRONG WRONG AND WRONG BELIEVE.  Without the CUSTOMER, there is no BLACKBERRY.  It is  that simple.

Here is how:

1) Don't over charge the phone.  Once the phone charge.  Unplugg the the charger and let the battery drain until the last bar in yellow shows.

2) watching too much videos drain the battery.  Be aware of it

3) Turn off all application you don't use,  Facebook, Linked in for example.  Just sign out.

4) Change the display intensity to minimum

5) vibration mode and call sound drains the battery quickly.  Choose sound mode only.