Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
akialan
My Device: Q10

Q10 Problems with icloud!

This is very disappointed to me that Blackberry said that, icloud is supported but... i found it is so-called: support...

What problems i have are:

1) The same with other guys here! no calendar sync with my icloud and my Q10 (may be all bb10 devices?) that's very poor and unacceptable as many of us use the device for business, working but not gaming, that's mean our schedule is very important to us! but what Blackberry response to it? this seems nothing!

2) when i store a new contact in my BB device, there is nothing update in my ipad and mac! even after couple of days! no sync??? or the sync is only just take place at the first time when we set it up? Did Blackberry notice it??? Anyone here got the same porblems with me? or you had solved it already?

What is in my mind now? It is rediculous and a smart phone which is not so smart :smileysad:

we use this for business and work but now it can't help us and even worst.

yes,  the keyboard is great and phone looks great, so what? much sad! :smileysad:

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Q10 Problems with icloud!

Hey akialan,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

For further investigation I would suggest contacting your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.  We will need to gather some logs to find out why the iCloud synchronization is stopping.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
akialan

thanks for your reply but sorry and honestly your reply is... a bit disappointing me...

i just wonder if it is a problems of your customers?? i wont see any reasons that a company would ask her customer to solve their problems by themselves?

er..... as a matter of fact, is it the problems regarding network service provider? or a problem between the BB 10 and icloud system? 

i'm not sure if you are the official Blackberry staff... if so, the reply is kicking your cusomter away!  :smileysad:

Anyway, Thanks for your reply althrough that wont give a help.

Trusted Contributor
lmgeuk
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

uhhhmmm...  BBY and Apple are competitors....

most people who use BBY do it because they dont want to interact with iPod/Pad/Pone type things.

if you want to use iClouds - why dont you buy an iPon/Pad?

i know that many iPad users may convert to the z10, but please.... do not bring that type of features and functionality to BBY.

Contributor
akialan

So, i partly agree with what you say,  just one strange point here.

Why even Blackberry Link can't simply sync contact and calendar by a USB cable with either Mac or window system? is this a request going too far?

i understand this may not be a soon-solved problems regarding icloud... but when we read in the forum, many of us are struggling in sync our contact and calendar between our dear bb device and computers, no matter mac or Pc. So, why? just wonder if we can do it simply by blackberry link with a usb cable? but you know what? we still cant do it... so, i dont know how to explain here... 

So, it may not be a problem that what device we chose, even ipod, ipad... just a SYNC ISSUE which is needed to be solved. 

Trusted Contributor
lmgeuk
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

Dear Akialan

I completely agree!

The synch issues are horrendous!

To think that all users are using gmail/hotmail/yahoo...  no comment

unfortunately, BBY has taken a turn too close to apple in my opinion.

But...  they may still fix it - they have been great for about 20 years.

Personally, i have uninstalled all games and nonproductive nonsense, like facebook and tweeter - i just want a rock solid email box to carry around, that also works as a phone.

internet is good to have but certainly not essential

synch is KEY!!!!

Contributor
akialan

Yeah Imgeuk!

That's the point! as you said! sync is the key.

no matter via some cloud services, or simpy a usb cable by blackberry link, this is a must to provide such a "foundamental" feature! i'm not forcing that "icloud is a must or the only way" but "sync is a must"...

until now.... nothing happen....

agree as you mentioned, i do love BB device as a productive phone! a great communicator.. even a work partner... but now, the work partner cant help... LOL????

Sync is the KEY... yeah man!

ps: for those who are using gmail, yahoo for their contact and schedule, a better cloud service of bb is need.

New Contributor
Palmvim
My Device: Bold 9790

I was able to have the contacts sync. but same problem as you for the calendar. Keep getting an error that network is not recognized even if i provided the same info as for the contacts but with the adress caldav.icloud.com

Any ideas? 

Contributor
akialan

good news is : you are not alone!

Bad News is: we can do nothing. Blackberry has done nothing neither.

Regular Contributor
patopman
My Device: Bold 990 and Q10

I have an even worst problem: Downloaded the new BB.Link soft but when I try to synch the contacts it just tells me "no contacts were found"...when I have more than 2.000 on my iPhone/iCloud...:smileymad:

I temporarily managed to solve by restoring contacts from my old Bold but need to be able to synch on regular basis the contacts...

Can any one help on that matter...?