Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

TauronButler
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TMobile

Q10 Reboot issues

My Q10 seems to have a mind of its own. If seems to reboot quite often. If you put it down too hard it reboots, if you pick it up too fast it reboots, if I move too fast with it in my hand it hangs up on the person I'm talking to and it reboots! Wtf??? It's a great phone but this is obviously a design flaw. I called tmobile and they have no answer. I don't want an iPhone but I might have to get one. Anyone have any ideas? T
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Q10 Reboot issues

Hi TauronButler and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

This sounds like it may be a physical issue with the BlackBerry Q10. I wouldr recommend contacting your point of sale to inquire about their replacement policies.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
tmazzora
My Carrier: tmobile

Hello-I am having the same exact issue. I was traveling for business and the device rebooted so many times - when I put it down, when I pick it up, when I am talking on the phone. This is frustrating. The warranty of 30 days by retailer is over. Is there any other warranty for hardware by blackberry?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rothenjo
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the exact same issue.  If you drop it about a centimeter onto a legal pad, it could reboot.  If you tap it, it could reboot.  I don't know if it's a loose battery or something, but there is clearly a design flaw such that a very delicate impact, which should not effect the device, can cause it to reboot if done in the right (or wrong!) way.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bwangg
My Carrier: T-mobile

I've seen this a lot and I have the same issue... It happened to me and now it looks like it did a clean wipe. when it starts up I have a cellphone connect to the PC now. I can't get passed it. Any thoughts would be great. I also don't want to go to an Iphone but I may have to
Please use plain text.
bb10quser
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Q10 Reboot issues, just try keeping a piece of paper above the battery.

My Q10 also has the similar reboot problem. I read in another forum today that it can be solved by inserting a piece of paper above the battery before closing the back cover door. I did the same and  tested it. It is fine now and not rebooting. Probably  the back cover is not firmly holding the battery and keeping a small piece of paper does hold the battery firmly and thereby not letting the phone to reboot for any sudden vibrations.    

Please use plain text.
tmazzora
My Carrier: tmobile

I used two business cards. One business card was not enough. I put the two business cards within the cover. It has completely stopped the rebooting issue. Good luck everyone!
Please use plain text.
Simon_T
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks for the tip.  Just put a business card in my phone and am keeping my fingers crossed.

This issue was getting quite annoying.  I contacted my provider who sent out a replacement which turned out to have more issues (static and distorted picture on screen, temperamental touchscreen) than the phone I was trying to replace.

I removed and re-inserted the sim card which did reduce the frequency of reboots, both in number of days between events and number of consecutive times a reboot would occur.

My battery "feels" like it is firmly in place, so I find it hard to believe that this could be the cause of my issue, but since I am willing to be open to anything since there is no pattern to the reboots (set phone down hard, set phone down soft, it can happen at any time).

Please use plain text.
gtigabe
My Carrier: Bell

I'm having the same issue as well. Quite annoying but I'm thankful that reboots are a lot faster than my old Curve! I tried using a tape to lock in the battery and it has worked better (less resets) but not 100%. I might try something thicker...

Please use plain text.