Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

corea5130
My Device: Z10

Q10 Resetting

I have a BB Q10 on Verizon. I have the current software 10.1.0.4189 This is the 3rd phone I have got from VZW in 2 weeks. The phone keeps resetting on me. Mostly when it is set down but also on other times. Happens with no warning. Blackberry nor Verizon has any real answers. IM Certain others are having this same issue. It cannot be 3 phones in a row with the same defect. Anyone have any advice? The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is a new battery maybe something about how it is seated in the device. Any help or advice would be appreciated, Thanks 

Trusted Contributor
Daimart
My Device: Blackberry Q10 - 10.2.0.424

Re: Q10 Resetting

I am having the same problem here, no apparent reason at all. Sending me crazy if I am honest.

I have almost returned back to my 9900 so many times now, just hoping 10.2 will resolve this issue or it has to go!!! There are many issues that I am not to happy with but am sure they will be fixed in time but this resetting or restarting all the time is a real problem for me.

Regards,

David

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
spectral666
My Device: blackberry curve

Here's what I think is going on, & how to fix it (depending on wireless provider). I use Metro PCS, & whenever this starts happening I call metro tech support & they'll do a little reset on their end & start you with a fresh connection, I'm not sure exactly what they are doing since their accent is of India or so, but they've always been able to make it stop. if that option is not available to you, get your phone number changed. That has also worked for me. Why? Idk, NSA?
spectral666

PS: I think that proves that it is not an issue with the phone, but with the network. Don't trust big bro
spectral666

PPS: the phone sometimes would also reset itself if the battery became too low for radio use.
dbugz911
My Device: Q10

My Q10 resets when you put it down on the table. It would do it at 20% and now 80%.

So its not amount of charge.

It was sent back to rim because it would reboot while texting 5-10 times a day.

It came back "fixed" and worked for a week and is now back to rebooting when you place on counter. No matter how gently.  They are sending me a battery.  I can only assume the battery fit is poor and if squeezed in the right place the contacts dont touch and the power is disconnected.

I doubt its the battery. Love the Q but its not usable as a business tool if it behaves like this.

gmne07966
My Device: q10

ha the same issue myself sick and tired of reboot so i simply removed the back cover wedget some paper at the bottom of the batt and folded over so it was touching the main cover once slid on and it hasnt rebooted in over 2 weeks so that is my solution to all q10 users who are having reboot issues.

dianac7

I was having the exact same problem. I got a warranty exchange so far so good.

tbell655

I've been reading the threads on this issue here and other sites - questioning the battery or SIM card moving when the phone in placed down or shaken.  

Here's my fix and it seems to be working:

• I cut a biz card to length of the battery and inserted it in the space b/t the battery and the SIM card.
  • Then I folded the card back over the top of the battery

This seems to have fixed it for me.  I was resetting 2-3 times a day.

It isn't the way it is supposed to be fixed, but it has worked for me.  

Mr39FooR

Saaammme and it's getting frustrating, srsly sometimes it works normal for day or two. And other times it restart or turn-off 10 or more times in 2 hours. I just hope -atleast- to know from what this is happening... the sim card thing it might be real, i'll see about that