Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
Douglark
My Device: Q10

Q10 Speed dialling

Please can anyone help with this? I would like to set up one touch speed dialling from the qerty keypad on my Q10. I don't want to have to go into the screen keypad first because it kind of defeats the purpose of speed dial when you need to press and swipe your way in to it in the first place. Surely BlackBerry haven't left out this, the most simplest of features have they?
Trusted Contributor
vfk

Re: Q10 Speed dialling

I hear an upcoming update will resolve this (10.1?  10.2?).  Until then, I agree with you.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Yeah, currently you can speed dial from the Phone app only. For the record, I'm running 10.2 and it's not an option on it. (Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1047)

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
Terri_T

I agree with you.... I upgraded my Bold to the Q10 a couple days ago and I am trying to have a happy outlook on the new interace BUT the speed dial keys I used all the time are no longer a feature. The ring tones I used to desigate an incoming text will not work on individual contacts and even the ones I then downloaded from an app for the Q10 wont work either :smileysad: one other thing... the pictures on the memory card I moved from the old BB to the new one are in a separate folder (designated by a double frame... so when I take new pictures I can find no way to save the pictures to those folders.... I need help

Contributor
Douglark

Hopefully they'll sort it out. Still trying hard to like it though!
Contributor
amckayceng
My Device: Q10, 9900, 8900, PlayBook*2

I too am disappointed with the upgrade to, 'Speed dialing', making 3keystrokes instead of 1 is not an improvement!

Did BB just copy over the Z10 software, and just disregard the main reason people were interested in a Keyboard; come on BB get a grip, or you will be assimilated into a foreign competitor!

Contributor
Douglark

Seems like they've lost it a bit. Imagine having so many loyal customers and not even realising what you were doing right! Phone is very quick and has some handy features like being able to leave apps open but they need to get it all together, I think. Don't like the 'Hub' over at the side like an unwanted mate. It should be right in the middle all singing and dancing saying ' Hey look at me, here I am!!)
Sorry. Just getting sick of poking and swiping like a teenager.
Elite II
BillJ

[ Edited ]

Douglark says BlackBerry needs to "get it all together...".
Could you please point out a phone that currently "has it all together"?

I currently use a Q10 and I also own a Z10 and both of those phones run circles around iPhones and Androids in 90% of the features I use most. If there's a better phone for browsing and messaging, I need to know about it now.

I anxiously await your reply. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
Douglark

I don't want a debate mate. I'm just saying it's not the best for me. Preferred the 9900. If you don't agree that's cool.
Elite II
BillJ

[ Edited ]

Nor was I intentionally starting one. :smileywink:

We all know the best phone in the world is the one that works best for you, whether it's a BlackBerry or another brand. I thought since you mentioned what, in your opinion, are shortcomings with the phone, you might have a better model to recommend. If your phone is working well for you in most areas then I'm happy for your situation; many are not so fortunate.

Cheers. :smileyhappy: