Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
ramyawad
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Q10 Sync

Hi All-

I have been using BlackBerry for 10 years and just updated to the Q10 . . .  I have several issues with the Q10 that I almost wanted to get rid of it and go back to my old Torch. I always syn my blackberry with my work and office computers

The problems I have are:

1- I cannot Sync my notes and memos fom Outlook

2- The calander in my home computer is different from the calander in my work computer

3- Some of the emails I receive are marked as "read"

I cannot find tutorial or instructions . . . Hope someone can help. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Q10 Sync

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Firstly -- toss out of your mind everything you knew of BB from the past. BB10 is not what existed in the past. We all may desire some things from the past to come to us now, but that is not the case...and wishing for it only leads to disappointments. Starting fresh as a totally new device and OS (which, indeed, it is) leads to a happier experience IMHO.

Now, to your specific questions:

ramyawad wrote:

1- I cannot Sync my notes and memos fom Outlook

Correct. As I understand it, that only exists for BES 10 users.

ramyawad wrote:

2- The calander in my home computer is different from the calander in my work computer

Not knowing how you are configured, diagnosing that is pretty much impossible. But, I can tell you that there is a configuration that can allow for full synchronization between multiple devices. For example, I have the following:

• Z10
  • Q10
  • PlayBook
  • Outlook2010
  • Outlook2007

All are fully synchronizing with each other, OTA and bi-directionally, for calendar and contacts. They use Outlook.com as the cloud-based intermediary for this purpose (I tested others, it worked best for me), and it works quite well indeed. If such a configuration is acceptable to you, then you can find full instructions here:

If you cannot accept such a configuration, then you are limited to the capabilities of whatever configuration it is that you have...which, from your post, I have no idea about.

ramyawad wrote:

3- Some of the emails I receive are marked as "read"

With BB10, there is full bi-directional synchronization of read/unread with the server for all but POP. So, if you have another client also accessing this same email account, and it is marking items as read, then the result is WAD (Working As Designed). Or, perhaps there is an issue with your email service, or some other problem. But, as with the above, the level of detail you provided is not sufficient to make any useful guesses.

ramyawad wrote:

I cannot find tutorial or instructions . . .  

This very site, and all of the voluntary contributors to it, have provided a wealth of information. You should check out the "sticky" threads in each BB10 board, along with spending time searching for the specific things you need. And, of course, asking specific questions with adequate detail so that useful answers can be provided.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.