Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T Mobile EE

Re: Q10 and BlackBerry Bridge

Same here, there are loads of app I still cannot download from blackberry myworld for exp online banking, ebay, news etc but when I do download a msge pops up saying fone device not combatable, i've had my fone for 2 mths now, however unfortunately I sold on my BlackBerry 9800 and I soooo wish I hadn't, plz hurry up with the playbook to Q10 Z10 link up we all want software updates blackberry??????

CTEvans
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T Mobile EE

Fingers cross @kknkerry we/customers receive software updates, i'm forever checking online and my phone for news update for a possibility, surely they should, they will nark a lot of customers off if they do something/confirm/explain what/when/why lol

CTEvans
New Contributor
My Device: 9870
My Carrier: Koodo

I just started a broup on facebook called Blackberry , please put all the functions back in bridge for bb10 if anyone would like to join .
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telcel

Hello me too I love Blackberry i always will do, I love my new Q10 but i really will love it more if i can use it as I was using my 9800 with my playbook.. I really always love blackberry dont make us change because it will not far for the owners of the playbook to do not be able to work propertly with it with the Q10.. Why no body answer any question here.. what happen how i can have an answer to decide if i sell my playbook and q 10 and change to IPHONE /IPAD really something i dont want ..

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

It seems like everyone may be missing some key new features that have perhaps rendered the prior Bridge methods irrelevant.

You can, if you have public WiFi available, connect your PlayBook to the exact same email systems that your Q10 is connected to. Properly configured, everything you do on any of the devices will replicate (via the servers) to the other devices (and, properly configured, this can include contacts and calendar as well).

If you don't have public WiFi available but you do have an adequate service plan on your Q10, you can set it up as a WiFi HotSpot so as to provide internet connectivity to your PlayBook, and still then access those exact same email accounts.

If you don't have an adequate service plan so as to use HotSpot, there is a trick to allow you to still use your BBs carrier data network from your PlayBook. If, on the BB, you install Bridge when you have no SIM inserted (hence, you must have WiFi available at that moment), you can then use the BlueTooth Bridge connection between the PB and the Q10 so as to provide internet service to your PlayBook, and thereby allow it to work with again those same email accounts that are configured to your Q10.

So, you see, with all of that functionality already available, there really is no point in providing the former Bridge method of directly controlling the email, calendar, and contact apps on your Q10 (or other BB10 device, btw), for it can work with all of those same accounts from your PlayBook directly against your server(s), and synchronization back to the Q10 will handle replicating the things you do via the PlayBook.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: q10
My Carrier: air tel ng

that is a big bug, hope bb will fix it soon, i am so use to my playbook.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

alasinrin wrote:

that is a big bug, hope bb will fix it soon, i am so use to my playbook.

I'm sorry but, did you read post 15 in this thread? It is my guess that there indeed is nothing broken that needs fixing. If the requirement is to work with the same email accounts, via the PB interface, that are configured onto the BB, then the methods discussed accomplish that without the prior method of "direct control" via Bridge. Hence, nothing broken...just a different path by which to accomplish the same result.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9870
My Carrier: Koodo

The reason I have not bought a bb10 phone is the bridge thing .

My Device: q10
My Carrier: air tel ng

Yes I can access my email accounts from the playbook via a wifi or hotspot, but unlike before i cannot access my text messages, bb messenger, see incoming calls while on playbook etc anymore using Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AT & T

I would love to join, please tell me how....