Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Q10 and Blackberry Protect

Hello,

I just bought a Blackberry Q10. I want to restore my contacts with Blackberry Protect.
 Before I had a Blackberry Bold 9900 and I saved all my contacts on Blackberry Protect.

When I try to restore these contacts with my Q10, the Blackberry Protect says "No device backups available". Yet when I check on the website of Blackberry Protect, I can see there is a folder for my former Bold 9900.

Is anyone can help me ? My Bold 9900 is broken and this is the only way to get back my contacts...

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Q10 and Blackberry Protect

On BlackBerry legacy devices (such as your 9900), you could restore data from a backup file on Protect. That's no longer available on BB10 devices; you can only track your Q10 as well as wipe data, display a message or make it ring. Restoring data is gone.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Thanks for your answer.

It's weird because on the software I have a button "Restore data". But indeed when I click on this button, it can't find any device.

Is there any way to download the contacts that are on Blackberry Protect ? Can I create a CSV file withe Blackberry Protect ?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I'm not aware of Protect being able to create a CSV file but I have heard of other members using third-party software to create and subsequently load such a file. Myself, I have no experience in said apps and would not be the one to offer guidance on this subject.

Anyone with such experience, please chime in. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Same here!Cant restore contacts though I managed to restore my PasswordKeeper!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

I can't even add other email accounts apart from the one associated with my BlackBerry ID