Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
ebbrewing
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Q10 battery seems to be draining much faster with 10.2 OS install

My Q10 (which was purchased in May of this year) is completely draining the battery within about 4 hours, with very little on time use.  It gets quite warm at times.  This issue seems to have coincided with my loading of the 10.2 operating system a couple of weeks ago. 

Any ideas if this is really the OS or is my battery dying so early in its life?

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Q10 battery seems to be draining much faster with 10.2 OS install

Hello,

Depending on when you did this update, this could be normal. There is a period of time when a lot of activity is going on between the device and the network-based services to synchronize data, link contacts, etc. It has been reported that after perhaps 48 hours things "settle down" and return to normal. However, do be aware that each new OS will have a different "normal" for you when it comes to battery consumption...you must determine what is "normal for you" with this new OS and then only be concerned when things deviate too far from that new "normal".

Good luck!

VIA |  Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Q10/Software-update-10-1-0-4181-draining-battery-M...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ebbrewing

Okay, but do you think 4 hours would be acceptable?  This is with maybe one phone call, a few text messages and maybe 5 minutes worth of emailing. 

Seems pathetic to me. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ebbrewing

Actually, I timed it today.  Limited use and it only lasted 3 hours on a full overnight charge.  I do not believe this is acceptable.  Is anyone else experiencing this or do I need to look at getting a new battery?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Eagle99
My Carrier: Sasktel

I just downloaded the new upgrade as well and I am having the same issues. Did you find a solution? so far through reading the different forums all I can come up with is to try to get the leaked version of the next OS upgrade..

Please use plain text.
mattyjjenkins
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: giffgaff

Im havin issues with my battery as well my Q10 is startin to get incredibly hot to the touch and thats when its not on charge I have no idea whats causing this also the battery lasts a fraction of what it did when I bought it new direct from BlackBerry back in February of this year. I use to get easily 10-12 hours use before Id even need to consider charging and Im a prolific txt/web/twitter/email user with maybe an hour or two of calling throw in for good measure then again some days I wont make a single call but the battery life has dropped dramatically to 4-5 hours, sometimes Im havin to charge twice maybe three times in one day, surly the battery shouldnt need replacing within six months of its life? Anybody have any ideas as to what could be wrong? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks...
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Shaun22Zn
My Device: blackberry 9300 curve 3G
My Carrier: cell c

ebbrewing

Try this

Remove your battery while device still powered on. Wait for 1 hour then replace it, this is known to solve many fault's

Thanks worked for me and some other user's. You should try..
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sereabogdan
My Carrier: Q10

I'm having this issue too. I've tried everything, removing battery, security wipe , deleting accounts etc. nothing worked.

Try installing the leak version of 10.3. thats what im gonna do before buying a new battery.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Shaun22Zn
My Device: blackberry 9300 curve 3G
My Carrier: cell c

It's strange when I update to 10.2 on my Q10.. never experienced difficulties... installation of previous os might be a good try
Please use plain text.