Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
sard
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Q10 bugs that require attention

Hi

The email font is a bug since the system font does not universally flow across all apps. Hopefully will be fixed in next update
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sard

30. A missed call triggers the notification LED only till screen shutoff and then the LED stops blinking
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sard

31. Long contact names are not visible as they don't wrap and simply run off the screen
Please use plain text.
New Developer
McJagger
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

32. New email indicator doesn't appear but the email count increases.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bite

hello all, my first post on this forum. i have used q10 since last thursday and here are couple of points:

1. got my contacts from 9900 saved locally, then for some reason i have skype, facebook, linkedin contacts showing in my conctacts even though i have all of them off. not sure hopw to solve this?

2. updating my contacts. now that i have switched devices i have last contacts but what happens when i need to update or change some, how can i sync this with my outlook. for calendar i sync outlook with gmail and gmail sync witth which words great?

3. very annoying that when someone calls you it doesnt show the company name any more just the phone number and name of the person, previously BB always had company name as well, please add this, very handy.

4. default weather app doesnt have local weather which works by locating actual location, very handy when you travel (not always know the name of the place)..

5. email doesnt have the delete on handheld or both, which i suppose is history as bb have changed the whole concept of bb now.. 

6. even small things like sym l gave &, not it is sym j, what is the point of changing there things?

7. once a reminder pops up with signal i only hear the sound and once i push the upper button it doest show that there is a reminder active i have to unlock the phone fully and hten i see it. in previous versions you could see a small icon for those reminders.

8.calendar Agenda view cannot be stored as default and there are a lot of fasted space which makes it harder to go through your day appointments. in agenda view pressing T already in that day doesnt take you to the time of the day you are in now, however, when in other day it takes you there. 

9. and of course decent outlook sync is a MUST. 

resume i dont feel on control of the phone, it does things by it self (like apples iphone). i like the hardware a lot but the sortware i hope by getting used to it i will be happy with it, now it is like switching OS, have to get used to lot of things. bb please remember htat you are business people device, cannot see older peeps using this new 10 version as it is much more difficult that the previous 7, which was great and you aleways knew what is happening and was very reliable now i cannot say that, sadly.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook

I agree with the shutdown. Should be disabled! It's very annoying
Please use plain text.
New Developer
McJagger

Eurokuzzik: do you mean the device shutting down?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I mean that when you push it down you pocket and by accident hold the switch on\off button on the top, it switches off! I have done that plenty of times by accident and it's very very annoying. There should be two steps to turn off the device like on all other phones. I can't believe they do such f*ups, we need the same functionality as on bold 9900. Same goes with the russian phonetic keyboard etc etc. I know it's new OS, and I love BlackBerry, and I love my Q10, but I miss all the many options I had on my bold 9900. I hope they read all this. People will get tired and change to iphones and androids.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
McJagger

I have the exact same issue with the power button. BlackBerry Q10 (and Possibly the Z10 too) are the only smartphones that switch off with long key presses. All other smartphones require some sort of an action after the long key press. This can easily be fixed with a software update.

I asked this question on the man forum and got a snarky response that said, "don't put it in your pocket". I asked a different BlackBerry Dev about it and he mentioned that no changes are expected to the power button behaviour. So, it looks like BlackBerry is ignoring this issue.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I just understand the point why you should be able to turn it off by pressing that button even if the phone is locked. It doesn't make sense. User should be given a choice
Please use plain text.