Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 contacts missing / disappearing / not syncing

thanks for the reply. that is how i fixed it too.  I not only disabled the social media connector in outlook 2013, that wasnt enough. I first had to sign-out of my social media accounts, then disable the media connector, and then delete the LinkedIn contacts from Outlook.  Otherwise the LinkedIn contacts would re-populate in Outlook and then soon thereafter in my Q10.  Now with everything removed, my Q10 contact functionality is normal and quickly syncs my personal contacts from the exchange server.  Curiously, my iPad and work Android phone did not have this issue and for some reason only the new Blackberries go haywire because of the social media connector.  The iPad and Android just ignore the social media connector contacts altogether.  I've spent a lot of time on the phone with the support Advance team and they are aware of this issue... not sure what they intend to do about it though.   

My Carrier: Verizon

I jusrt purchased a Q10 and have the same exact problem (I also have hosted exchange from GoDaddy).  Hopefully I'm smart enough to grasp your suggested fix.

Thx!

My Device: Blackberry A10
My Carrier: Sprint

I have enterprise activated device that's having the exact same issue.  RIM is telling me that "they are looking into it" and that when they figure out exactly what the problem is it will be added to the next update.  I asked what the user should do while "they figure it out" get an iPhone?  No response.... I was a RIM fan, i'm starting to change my mind...

My Carrier: Vodafone

I am too facing the same problem on my Q10 bought 3 months back. Post my company's BB enterprise activation, my contacts just keep disappearing ...have to reactivate all over again to get them back...thisis happening very frequently for the last 2-3 days. The reactivation is a real time consuming project as it takes a lot of time to sync back the content. My company BB admin guys are at their wits end as I am the only privilaged user facing this issue...wondering whether to approach BB...is this an issue with my instrument?,,,will a OS reinstall help here??

My Carrier: Rogers

Same problem on recently purchased Q10. Contacts is blank - says only "No contacts" even after exchange sync/BB link/manually typing and saving a contact.

Visitor
My Device: BB Bold 2
My Carrier: Airtel-NG

Hi. I use a Bold 2. I'm having serious trouble getting my phone contacts back. While setting up my e-mail, only my calender syncs, my contacts don't. In addition to that, I can't also get back my BBM contacts. It keeps saying "sending verification e-mail" but I haven't gotten any, and I have been at it for over 24 hours now. I was using an android phone before, but I already un-installed the BBM on that phone, so I don't know what the problem is... Can anyone help me please? Thank you.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

LS,

This is an old thread, but I'm experiencing some issues with my new Q10. Yesterday I received a Q10 from my employer and everything looks fine so far, its just a matter of getting used to the new OS.

Whats is botering me is the following: I installed the latest Whatsapp and somehow Whatsapp is not seeing my exchange contacts. It only sees some (7) default contacts on the carrier sim card.

How can I solve this issue...?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Does this device have a work side and a personal side?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Yes, it does.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Whatsapp can't see contacts on the work side. It us a restriction your company puts on the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!