Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
karaterulz
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Q10 doesn't recognize sms sender

I have a big problem.

My Q10 is recognize my contacts when i'm called but doesn't recognize the sender of an text message when i get one.

Let me explain.

I am from Romania. The prefix for my country si +40.

Our mobile numbers are starting with 07XX.XXX.XXX

When you are calling from another country you put only +40 then the mobile number without 0 ( +407XX.XXX.XXX)

In our country are 4 mobile operators ( Vodafone, Orange, Cosmote and Digi).

There is some situation when if you are called from another network, the number is appearing with the country prefix like +407XX.XXX.XXX and my Q10 doesn't recognize the caller even if he is in my contact list.

Today i've noticed another BIG PROBLEM.

So i have in my contact ... John Smith with 0722.123.456.

When i'm called by him, it apears John Smith, but when i recive text message from him it apears +40722.123.456.

My stupid Q10 doesn't recognize the contact !!!

If i modify the number in my agenda and i put +40722.123.456 to John Smith, it recognize the text sender, but it doesn't recognize the caller (when i get a call from John Smith), it apears 0722.123.456.

I've used a lot o phones : Siemens, Nokia (a lot of models), Iphone, Samsung ... etc., from 1996. 

I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM UNTIL TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVEN WITH THE OLD AND STUPID MODELS FROM NOKIA !!!!

I CAN'T BELIVE THAT THE NEWEST SMARTPHONE ON THE MARKET HAS THIS BUG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE SOMEBODY WILL ANSWER ME SOON AND GIVE ME A SOLUTION !!!

P.S. Next week i will go on a hollyday in another country. What will happen when i will recive call from my country and all my calls will be with +40 prefix ???

Probably it won't recognize any contact !!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have this problem or si only my phone ????

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 doesn't recognize sms sender

The work around I've read from other users is the include the number in the contact in both formats..

So, John Smith would have a number saved with the +40, and another saved without the +40.

BlackBerry is aware of the issue and hopefully working on it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dughil
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Spring

I have the same problem.  If the number isn't entered exactly a certain way - my blackberry Q10 doesn't recognize the person.  Therefore I have to ask a lot of texting folks who is contacting me!  Has blackberry found a fix for this.  I'm thinking of turning mine in and finally going to a samsung galaxy.  Had a bold and I just don't find the Q10 easy to use at all

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dughil, open your Phone app > swipe down from the top bezel > Settings > Smart Dialing and make sure ALL of the settings there are correct.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.