Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Jellydonutany1
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telstra
Accepted Solution

Q10 email account settings

I have a Blackberry Q10. I have set up my emails and it was working great. Then it reset the incomming & outgoing server to mail.bigpond.com. I have rest the setting twice now and it keeps reverting back. I am saving changes. What do I need to do to stop it resetting itself.:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Q10 email account settings

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From that description, it sounds like you first used the automatic wizard to configure your email account, then tried to change what was in that configuration. Instead, you should remove and re-create brand new your email configuration, and if you need to do anything different than the automatic wizard would do, use the manual methodology and, while initially configuring the email account, provide all of the settings manually.

If you are not sure what the settings are to use, you can use the Email Validation Tool to provide them to you:

• KB33444 How to use the Email Account Validation Tool (EAVT)

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jellydonutany1
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Q10 email account settings

Thanks appears stable now. will put it to the test of time.:smileyhappy: