Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: smartphone Q10

Q10 how do I definethe time period in which my emails are kept on my smartphone

Q10  how do I definethe time period in which my emails are kept on my smartphone,  30 days, 60 days, 90 days  forever etc...

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Q10 how do I definethe time period in which my emails are kept on my smartphone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

• Settings > Accounts > (select the email account) > Advanced > Sync Timeframe

I don't know what timeframes will be shown for you, but whatever are shown are all that there are.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: smartphone Q10

Re: Q10 how do I definethe time period in which my emails are kept on my smartphone

Thanks for your quick response, howeverm, when I try to access the advanced option in the email settings the option is not there.  I am using a pop3 email account, perhaps that is the problem

Hall of Famer II

I am confused..."Advanced Options" is not there? Or inside of Advanced Options, "Sync Timeframe" is not there?

I'm sorry but I don't have any POP integrated accounts (gave up on POP years ago, IMAP and ActiveSync are so much more powerful), so I can't compare specifically for you. It may possibly be called "Days to Synchronize", and may possibly be elsewhere in the Account screens for that specific account.

Or, indeed, it just may not exist as an available setting for POP.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Q10

I've been trying to do the same thing, but the only options I have in "Sync Timeframe" in Advanced are 1, 3, 7, 14 or 30 days, or "Forever."   I have always set my BlackBerries to retain emails for 60 days, so I was surprised just now not to find messages I knew existed but that were just over 30 days old.

I definitely do NOT want to set to "Forever" and I do not want (as I've seen suggested on similar threads) to delete and recreate all of my email accounts -- they were a real pain to set up in the first place.  How do I edit my existing settings to ensure that emails are retained on my Q10 for 60 days?

Hall of Famer II

There is no 60-day setting that I can find at all.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Q10

There has to be a way to do it -- BlackBerries are meant to be tools for serious professionals (or at least they were until OS 10).

Hall of Famer II

The only way to do it is if they program it to do so...as the OS is, it can't be done. You are free to submit suggestions to https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates