Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q10 - how to filter emails?

Thanks. i did a quick look at Aryan for some reviews didnt find any. I wonder if future OS releases will include a filter like on the Bold - or if it something that just isnt compatible with OS 10?

Contributor
My Device: 9810 Torch and Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

There seem to be a lot of people frustrated by the lack of 'proper' email filtering / firewall options on the Blackberry 10 OS so hopefully Blackberry will see this as a priority feature to include in the near term.

I am always reluctant to install/use 3rd party apps myself because most of them come with demands for freedom to access your private information (contacts, emails etc.) and network connectivity and won't work unless you grant them those privileges. This makes me VERY nervous....

Personally I found the move from the previous BB platform/OS to OS10 painful and hard going - it was a completely new platform with different ways of doing things and missing features I had depended on. However, 6 months on I am pleased I stuck with the device - there are ways around most things I missed and the lack of dependence on a RIM/Blackberry server infrastructure for processing messages is definitely a move in the right direction. I also have an Android and Apple phone/tablet but still use my Z10 as my primary work device.

But ultimately its a personal choice....

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

BR.... gp20018 

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

^Thanks