Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Koodo

Q10 issues

Greetings!

I'm having a few issues with my new phone that I bought a couple days ago.

1. Blackberry Link isn't finding the device. It's open, I sign into my blackberry ID, and plug the Q10 in via the included USB cable, and no dice. I've tried with the media card out, in, with mass storage on and off, and changing every variable I can think of.

2, possibly related: the computer itself isn't seeing the Q10. I've tried refreshing the explorer window, and nothing happens, it simply isn't found.

3, possibly related: The media card can't be used by the computer, after being formatted by the Q10. Thinking that I could get around the 'computer can't see it' issues where I'm trying to load media files onto a media card, I plugged the micro SD into the computer itself. the computer will find that, but tells me it has to format the card before it can use it. (already formatted it in the Q10, but it's empty anyway, so sure.) the computer can't complete the format, and won't use the card.

4, possibly related: The device charges slowly, no matter what power source it's attached to. Wall Socket, Computer via USB, Car charger via USB *or* wall-plug; always the message pops up on the Q10 screen that it will charge faster by using the manufacturer's hardware. Short of waiting for Blackberry to install wiring from the power grid in my house, I'm not sure how much more of the manufacturer's hardware I can possibly try using. I've also tried using my *old* charging cables, thinking that the new one might have been shipped with faulty wiring; no love there either.

5, unrelated: Blackberry Link allows me only to find music using Windows Media Player's or iTunes' libraries. I use neither of these if I can help it.(hooray winamp!) I'd really like the increased functionality of being able to develop a library independant of those two sources. Being able to tell Blackberry Link to find my music folder (and videos, and images) somewhere other than the 'my computer' directory on the C:/ drive would be awesome. I keep things I'm worried about losing backed up on another hard-drive, and WMP and iTunes don't seem to like that when the external isn't plugged in.

according to the device, I'm on the latest version.
None of this is vitally important to the phone being a phone, however I'm looking to get a bit more of the designed and advertised functions out of the product.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!  Cheers; Wafna

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Q10 issues

Connection issue was resolved last night after turning the unit off. I'll update if it turns out the charging slowly issue is resolved as well.

I still don't like iTunes and Windows Media Player. :smileytongue: