Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Enders
My Device: Q10

Q10 multiple fullstop (period) issue

Hello,

I would like to ask about an issue concerning the period symbol on the Q10. In older BlackBerry phones, putting multiple fullstops were no problem in terms of auto capitalisation and word substitution. However now when I use more than one fullstops at the end of a sentence, it seems to see it as part of the word as opposed to a fullstop. I am used to using more than one fullstop when I text so it would really help if this can somehow be fixed or changed to make it work in a similar way as the previous BlackBerry models.
Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Q10 multiple fullstop (period) issue

Hi Enders,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Just to clarify, does pressing the spacebar twice not insert a period and captialize the next letter? Can you please clarify what you mean by the multiple spaces displayed as part of the word?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Enders
My Device: Q10

Re: Q10 multiple fullstop (period) issue

I mean when I end a sentence with multiple fullstops like this... it doesn't capitalize the word after, as you can see from above 'I' in it. So I'm wondering whether I can make it capitalize even with multiple fullstops cos older models do capitalize it.
Please use plain text.