Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
GrampsDWC
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Q10 not connecting to my home WiFi

My new Q10 sees my password protected WiFi but authentication times out when I try to connect.  As a side bar, I am alse unable to connect my HP printer wirelessly and have been told it's because of Mac settings in the printer.  Could my phone and printer connection issues be related.  My priority is getting my new BB to connect to my WiFi.  I successfully connected to a Telus passwork protected WiFi so it's probably not the phone.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Q10 not connecting to my home WiFi

Yes, it does seem that your BlackBerry and printer issues are connected, it seems as if the wifi is only letting home devices to connect, Try and go to the manufacture of the routers website, this problem is definatly not your phone.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Look at my tips on wifi

Speed-up-BlackBerry-Wi-Fi-connections-a-knottyrope-tip

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GrampsDWC
My Device: Q10

I talked to former IT support co-worker (I used to work for SW Co.) and he confirmed all settings were OK. Router was 8 yrs old. Went and bought updated DLINK now both printer and Q10 connect.
Please use plain text.