Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
llgkev
My Device: Q10

Q10 not receiving incoming calls - straight to answerphone

So I have an interesting problem.  I'm a UK user on EE with a Q10 that only receives one out of maybe every twenty calls.  I can be showing maximum signal strength and still not be able to receive calls.  Anyway after scouring this forum I saw someone suggest that it may be when the handset is trying to switch between receiving 3G and 4G.

I checked out my settings and found they were set to 3G & 4G.  There was no option to select only 4G but I could select only 3G.  I've done that and now I am receiving calls all the time.  According to my provider I am in a 4G area but I need to make it clear this problem manifests itself EVERYWHERE regardless of whether it is a 3G or a 4GG covered area.

So my question is this...  how can I resolve this problem and still allow my phone to select between 3G & 4G as appropriate?  Clearly there is an issue with the handset either from a hardware or software perspective if it cannot handle something like this without refusing 95% of the incoming calls I receive (and lets be clear it's not like I get all that many calls in the first place!).

Thanks in advance of any help you guys can give me!

Model:  Q10

Model Number: SQN100-3

Software Release: 10.1.0.273

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Q10 not receiving incoming calls - straight to answerphone

This is normally a network problem not a handset problem. You should talk to EE customer service and see what they can do. If they think it is a problem with the device and not their network then they should escalate you to BlackBerry Support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
llgkev

Hi john I was thinking a visit to an EE shop might be an idea anyway. It seems my handset is constantly trying to flip between 3G and 4G which made me think that it was the handset. Thanks for the advice!
guizotia

Hi,

I have the exact same phone and same problem.

Did you get anywhere?

Super Contributor
MrDJ
My Device: Q10 (rip Torch)

if the problem is anything like on my previous torch with 2g & 3g i lost lots of calls as well when 3g was down or i was in a blind spot area of my hospital where the 3g signal was low. back then calls werent even going to my answerphone.

even though it says 2g & 3g or like yours 3g & 4g vodafone would always tell me after ringing them to manually change to the lowest 2g only and then calls would come through.

only thing is at the time you have no idea there is a problem with the network and it was only when we had a serious emergency and staff couldnt get hold of me. when i saw them later and they told me i rang vodafone immediately and was told this baloney.

i wish in this day and age that all the carrier companys could send a automated text message out to all its users with warnings of bad or lost signal especially for blackberry customers who mainly are now more buisiness based.