Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q-10
My Carrier: att

Re: Q10 restarting/rebooting after minor bumps/shocks

so definitely a trend here...

Hey RIM -- give us a solution -- and don't tell us to jam paper or whatever in the battter...

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

YES!! I had this problem too. If I set my phone down just a little to hard, it re-boots.

I thought I was the only one. I got T-Mobile to replace it with a new one......I hope the issue is gone.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

My Q10 started rebooting up to 5x per day about a week or so ago.

I read online that there was a glitch with the maps app, so updated and that seemed to solve the problem for teh last 5 days at least.

However, has just today started again with the rebooting. Hadn't noticed it coincided with bumps/shocks but does seem to happen as soon as I pick it up after putting it down for a while. Makes a kind of quiet 'thud' noise and restarts.

Anyone got a solution - no more apps need updating but my guess is that one of em is causing this.

JB

My Device: Not Specified

Has this been fixed for anyone?

I'm experiencing the same issue with a case.

Well, I can say that I cut off the piece of the end of a business card and slid it on the side of the battery and the problem essentially went away.  A BB rep offered this advice in one of the comments and it worked.  I do use a case as well.  It's kind of embarassing to have to do this and I certainly won't disclose it to my i-phone friends.  Oh well, it worked.

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

I paid over $600 and i have to shimmy a piece of paper in my phone for the device to work properly. Embarrassing is an understatement.

If this is the quality of product you thrive for do everyone a favor and get out of the industry, hardware and software.

- a once loyal BB user

My Carrier: AT&T

I'm having the same issue.  Several times a day.  Is the piece of paper jammed in the battery area still the "official" fix?

I believe this is still the "fix."  It still happens to me even with the shim next to the battery but you just have to be real careful when setting it down.  Let's face it, it's over for us loyal blackberry people.

My Carrier: AT&T

I spent a fortune and turned in a perfectly fine Samsung Galaxy S4 for a Q10 and it is awful.  I can't sort emails like before - it deletes from my inbox on my desktop without the feature of leaving a copy, just figured out today how to forward a text message.....guess this explains the tanking RIM stocks.

But it is a sweet keyboard, right?  I hear you. I'm just relieved that I switched to T-mobile for this and thus don't have a contract, but I'm curious how they'll handle me trying to exchange it for something else.