If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
pmle
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Q10 restarting/rebooting after minor bumps/shocks

Officially confirmed? I don't think it's been officially confirmed. Other than these anecdotal issues, did Blackberry ever formally addressed the issue? Because surprisingly, this thread hasn't been responded to by a BB official.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Avivar
My Device: Q10 and 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobil

I am as disappointed as everyone here, though I sincerely doubt that the carrier (T-Mobile) nor BB care. I complained to T-Mobile, who patched me through to BB 10 Tech Support, where I was told, under no uncertain terms, that it is a software issue that may not be resolved, but MIGHT be resolved in 10.2.0.0. He also said that I could go and exchange my Q10 for any other device, from any manufacturer, for a full credit. He apologized, but at least, for once, did not waste my time with BS. To put in perspective, they are so much aware of the issue, that they said, give your phone back and get a refund, even after 6 months. If Apple makes a phone with a keyboard, it's over for me with this.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
giofaxo
My Device: bb10
My Carrier: tim

same problem as mine... I'm getting crazy about that. I tried to fix the battery as suggested, just now. Hope it works. If anybody has better solutions, please let us know. ciao, Giovanni

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bgalakazam
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Well the ghetto repair with the business card strip between batter and side worked. I test droped it from a few inches and no reset. It's sad that such an easily fixed problem is not being addressed by BB.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
belle_curve
My Carrier: WInd mobile

...  Annoying, but doesnt seem to be serious.  *Quite* annoying. 
bgalakazam wrote:

Well the ghetto repair with the business card strip between batter and side worked. I test droped it from a few inches and no reset. It's sad that such an easily fixed problem is not being addressed by BB.

That sounds like my kinda ghetto.  Any chance you could post us a picture, Mr. Alakazam?

-thanks

Also, to the insiders, some straight info on the hardware issue would be appreciated.  Just let us know you know whats happening.  No, warrenty returns for this fault should not be necessary, if its so easily fixed, right? <crowd murmers grudging agreement> 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
belle_curve
My Carrier: WInd mobile

... that is, proper repair instructions would be useful.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Avivar

I would not hold your breath for an official response.... BB could care less.
Please use plain text.
keyone
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I just called the Customer Service of my carrier, they sent my phone to BlackBerry for repair, and BlackBerry sent me a new phone, that doesn't have this issue. So problem is solved :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jamiekcho
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Exact same problem. Started off with just placing it on a surface and it would restart, but not its getting worse. It now restarts when im walking around in my pocket. Love BB all my life but I think my next phone might be a samsung at this rate.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Avivar

I was told that it was software... I folded a piece of a business card twice and stuck it between the battery and the casing on the opposite side of the connections (pushing the battery towards the connection). Problem solved... look closely at the battery; you'll see that it has some kinks in the casing. The batteries seem to be slightly damaged.
Please use plain text.