Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
Eddieazar
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Tmobile

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

I guess nobody and bb owned one in the past! They lost the best of everything berry had and changed it to replicate an iOS interface. This really sucks! Back to my Bold. Q10 is history for me.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

Please be more specific of what does not work for you.

You are correct: Some things are missing or are more cumbersome to do. But sometimes, there are different ways to do it. If you ask specifically, you might get good answers.

Most things are just different, they can be done, but differently. It is a learning curve. Give it some weeks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eddieazar
My Carrier: Tmobile

One touch dialing is now 3 touch dialing. Composing the address of an email does not select from the contact list as in the past now it brings up predictive or previously sent email addresses. I cannot delete those addresses ( which you can do in outlook desktops). I cannot turn off this feature either. The contacts list populates and searches the way my iPad does, it does not sort and search by first name. I was able to hit the letter "E" in contacts and it would bring me up first on all my previous BB's going back to 1998.. I send myself emails all the time and I can not get my email address or name to show up in the compose TO section of the email header. I have to spell out my whole name, first and last and then scroll. I am a BB user since 1998, I consider myself a power user, I know the shortcuts, I'm attuned to the nuances of the previous software and I am finding that lots of shortcuts are gone and replaced with solutions that require several more swipes and taps to accomplish the goal. The new software was designed without the best of berry and it was designed to mimic other operating systems. If I wanted an iPhone I would get one, I hate iOS and the new 10 software handles many things such as contacts the way iOS does. For me as an experienced user this is a huge failure!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lmgeuk
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

spot on!
could not agree more!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Eddieazar wrote:
One touch dialing is now 3 touch dialing.

lol NO!

Use the INSTANT ACTION function. It's so darn easy.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/05/how-to-use-blackberry-q10-instant-action/

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe

That's then 4 stroke dialling. What Eddie Azar meant is the Speed Dial with ONE key stroke.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

freakinvibe wrote:
That's then 4 stroke dialling. What Eddie Azar meant is the Speed Dial with ONE key stroke.

Yep, and with the user's asking for this, it should be included... eventually.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe

I know. I hope it will be there in 10.2.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dsn101
My Device: 9650 (formerly Q10)
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

[ Edited ]

Agreed. This Q10 is a fancier platform allowing us to do less with more effort. Foolish.

HUB seems like a new name and interface for what BBies did before.
On previous BBies, I was able to config how I wanted comms displayed. I haven't yet found that in OS10.

In HUB, I select an email account to view. When that email account screen appears, the heading is generic. By this, I mean to say that if one has several Yahoo email accounts, the account screen header displays only "Yahoo." It does not display WHICH Yahoo email account I'm viewing. I must open an email to discern the account. Even in the HUB dropdown with tree display, only generic Yahoo email accounts are displayed.

In HUB or on any individual email account screen, both SENDER and SUBJECT lines fade out to the right when length stretches beyond some BB limit. Why not enable those lines to zipper scroll when any particular email is highlighted?

For someone with many accounts, each with a specific purpose, this is counterproductive. BBies are supposed to be the device of choice for productivity, not for COUNTERproductivity.

BTW, where is the battery percentage charged number that was available in previous BBies?

Talk about annoying...

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]
dsn101, do you have time to stop and ask questions before you continue to bash the device?

You might learn something... like where that battery percentage is. I've answered a couple of your posts here now, and if you need help -- ask!

If you just want to rant, you've done that. Time to learn, now.

Yes... annoying, indeed.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.