Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

ortho76
My Device: Q10

Q10

Hello,  I recently purchased my Q10 and been using it for 2 weeks now.

It did not disappoint with the improved keypad that was promised, but why is the touchscreen so shockingly poor?

It almost seems like there is a fault with it as things slide, minimise, flick between various things emails/apps etc when I have not even touched the screen to do that particular command.   

I have compared it with my friends' phones and they are all the same, difficult to navigate through what you want to do and frankly takes twice as long to complete important tasks than my more basic Torch phone.

The retailer will not give a refund, as it is not a fault, just the way the phone is.  With this phone not being cheap, I wonder if Blackberry have a contingency plan regarding the poor quality touchscreen and NO cursor to use as an alternative.  

Having been looking forward to using this phone for so long, I am now met with disappointment.   I would prefer a refund or atleast some money back if I have to put up with it.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards.

Dr R

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10

ortho76,

What takes twice as long to do?

If you could be specific of what you're trying to do, some of us might be able to help out.

I keep finding a numbe of users who haven't learned many of the easy geustures and flicks and shortcuts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
csundberg
My Device: Q10

I find the menu button with the 3 dots is not very responsive.  Especially in the camera application.  I have to press it many times before it engages.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hmmm..try touch more above that spot.

I've not had any issues touching and opening the three dots overflow menus

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code