Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Restart itself

If the restarts just started after updating the software then I'd suspect some kind of conflict in data or software. 

I'd recommend doing a security wipe on the device:

To perform a Security Wipe please follow the instructions below. Be sure and use BB Link to make a full backup before proceeding with the wipe:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

Once the wipe is complete you can restore your backup. Keep in mind that data in the backup may be the source of the original problem and restoring it may restore the problem, as well. To alleviate this I recommend not restoring the Settings portion of the backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Q10

unfortunately this BlackBerry World force us to install apk files. I suppose those files cause problem. BlackBerry World should add mainstream apps so we would not have to install apk files. I disabled sim encryption and ejected media card to see what will happen. But we should be able to use a ''smartphone'' with media card and sim encryption . Should not we?
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You should. BlackBerry World does NOT install apk files. Those apps that are not developed for BlackBerry are converted to BlackBerry and tested to work on the devices. While they can always cause problems, native apps can to.

That said, I've seen more problems with user data causing problems than specific apps, especially after an OS update.

Removing the media card and sim encryption is a good idea just to see if either might be causing the problem.

I still recommend doing the wipe as instructed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Q10

My Q10 also restarts itself spontaneously.  I notice it happens most often when I unplug a headset (headphones with mic - I use more than one set) and when turning the screen off (eg: I hit the power button).  It happens between 1-3 times per week.  There always seems to be some sort of trigger like the above - some user action that results in a restart rather then expected result.  Has this pattern been reported by others?