Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
KZ_bb
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Vipnet

Russian language input - translit ???????

Does anyone know a single reason for new blackberry q10 to miss a russian language input with translit? I used to have it with all my devices for the last 6 years. I am addicted bb user with all my family was transferred to bb and I do like the new blackberry q10. But what is wrong with the convenient russian language input? When is that going to be resolved?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Sawks
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Russian language input - translit ???????

Hey KZ_bb.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

The Russian language support is available for you BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone. It can be enabled by opening the System Settings on your BlackBerry, select Language and Input, then select Input Languages, and then tap the "Add/Remove Languages" button at the bottom right of the Input Language screen. From this list you can enable and install different languages for your BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone.

Please refer to the following KB article which contains the available supported languages for BlackBerry 10. http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB33755 - "Supported languages on BlackBerry 10"

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if I misunderstood your question.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KZ_bb
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Vipnet

Hey Sawks,

This is the point of BB tech guys misundersyanding. There is a full support for a Russian language. However it is dedicated for a RUSSIAN keyboard. I have never used that. I am addicted to translit keyboard that has been successfully implemented long time ago with all previous OSs. What was wrong and what is the reason for omitting that in a new OS10? When is that expected to be fixed? I see majority of new Q10 users who require Russian language input are frustrated on the issue. You might soon loose addicted customers...

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

I second this request. Please bring translit with the next release!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zhigam
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: A1

yes, we need Russian Translit as it used to be on previous OSs, not the Russian keyboard!
Please use plain text.
Tosha_HKG
My Device: Q10, Bold9900
My Carrier: Three, Rogers

[ Edited ]

Dear BB team, 

i would also like to back up the above requests. 

Using russian translit applications or audio input is not convinient, its a forced measure(( 

Audio input is not good for the privacy of our emails, which is blackberry all about, and print/copy/paste procedure with translit applications doesnt speed up the writing process as you can imagine. 

This is one of those easiest updates you can do, as all the previous models did have the russian translit function. 

I also take a guess that its missing because you didnt predict such issue with touchscreen keyboard on Z10, which can be any language,

BUT for Q10 with english keyboard its a headache.   

please let us know when we should expect the update, as my new Q10 is covered with dust on my working table almost untouched.

thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sso23
My Carrier: Bite Latvia

Please, we really need russian translit input!

I just made update to 10.2 and this is fantastic. But I was so dissapointed that there is no any translit option.

In Latvia there are 50% of population is Russian, but Blackberry Q10 keaboard is only is English and difficult to type!

Please make an update to russian transit in the rnext updates.

Please use plain text.
tosha_blacksoul
My Carrier: 3

Looks like nobody hear us...

if BB is going down now we all can see why. Feed back is important, isnt it(((

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anvar
My Carrier: Anvar

Dear Sawks, please advise if russian translit will be added to next update and when should we expect this update??? Russian translit is very important for me! Q10 hope to hear from you soon
Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

I've created feature request - I guess it is the only way it can make it to the OS.

Please vote for this feature: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1997

Please use plain text.