Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Poskok
My Device: Q10 Z10 8900

SMS/MMS transfer problem

I'm the owner of  7 blackberry's during the past. Now I'm using 9900 and Q10. Before 3 years i bought 8520 for my wife. Now i get Q10 for her too.

But now we have the problem, she has precious SMS messages. Blackberry Link doesnt transfer them even when the program says that everything went fine.

Blackberry protect easily do a backup on server from 8520:
MMS Messages 9 379
SMS Messages 3178 1.206

It transfered contacts, but it doesnt transfer SMS and MMS on her new Q10. What is the problem?
Please help, she want use it if I dont transfer SMS's.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: SMS/MMS transfer problem

You can try using a third party SMS backup application, which can send those SMS to an email or other databases.

Search your AppWorld for "SMS Backup"

Remind your friend that a mobile device such as this is NOT the optimal place to keep such important information if it is vital and her life would just be a wreck if the those SMS were lost. She needs to backup.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Poskok
My Device: Q10 Z10 8900

Yeah backup OK, but she wants to carry some of the old sms on the new phone. Is that so dificult, I mean they are just Simple Text Messages.

My question is why can BB link or BB protect transfer the SMS messages when they are backing them up?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Some users have had success transferring those, others have not. It's not an exact answer. So, I won't promise it.

I'd back them up to email on the old device

Then, let that email come to her new device.

On the new Q10 install the applilcaiton More information / download Email Archiver for BlackBerry 10

Then, she has the important and precious SMS convos she needs to cling to. :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code