Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
sanny44
My Device: Q10

SMS Messages - Recipients receiving 2x

A few recipients are complaining that they are receiving my texts twice. I noticed that the messages are in  MMS and the recipients show up 2x in the upper left corner boxes. I do not know how to stop the mesage from being delivered twice. How did this happen and how do I fix it? PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

New Contributor
jschultz

Re: SMS Messages - Recipients receiving 2x

YES!!! Making me crazy!!!! Have possibly deduced it is somehow connected to how you call up a txt from the inbox to reply, it adds the same recipient again, and converts to MMS bcz of multiple recipients. It shouldn't freaking do that unless I say so, but there is also no option to be found to 'delete recipient'; selecting one of the dups just toggles you to the contact card; I have swiped, poked, & prodded, every possible position; I have deleted the entire chat previously and successfully gotten the dup add'y out of the piece of **bleep**; but just tried same again in order to execute a non-dup reply, called up the contact from the add'y book for a NEW text AND IT DOUBLED IT AGAIN.

Contributor
Terri_T

Several of my text message contacts are complaining about recieveing all my texts twice... BUT I am unable to delete any of their chats... so I cant start over to see why it is happening. The BBQ10 allows me to delete individualy textx within the chat or onversation... but it will not let me delete the conversation. even after I have emptied ever entry.

I am truly getting tired of trying to figure all of this out

sbrach
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

I have the same issue and I probably lost most of my friends. They just refuse to communicate with me. Its driving them nuts. Every text comes in twice.

I never had this issue with my BlackBerry Q10 this started the last few weeks.

What in the world is going on with Blackberry....im trying to stick with my BlackBerry when a lot of my contacts are leaving BB

Can anyone help