Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Jonathanmarklee
My Device: q10

SOOO disappointed with the Q10 :(

I m a long time Blackberry user, who loves the Bold like nothing else. I have waited for what seems like forever (as a lot of you have too) for the Q10 release. I had my Verizon Q10 dropped off yesterday with not a small amount of excitement. 2 days of struggling, grumbling, and disbelief later...i will be returning the Q10 and go back to my old Bold.

I am simply stunned that RIM missed the mark so badly on this phone. They got caught between staying true to the physical keyboard critical items, and the touch screen onslaught in popularity of the past few years.

First off the HUB, while an ok idea is simply over complicated. What is wrong with just having our notifications present in any screen for us to see. We shouldnt have to go through a few gestures just to see the notifications. and at a glance it is pretty confusing to view.

Second there is no "close" button of touch screen "x" that closes an app. You must swipe up to minimize it first to your home screen, then you can "x" it to close it down....wtf?? still more additional steps that are needless and time consuming

Thirdly the contact menus and lists are extremely confusing some contacts you can access by simply typing their names from thehome screen. Some like my personal fav and one that i use the most, "mom" pulls up some facebook contacts that i really never use but not the person i call almost the most of all

Fourth and the real nail in the coffin for me, no speed dials!!!! WHAT FOR REAL RIM?? yes i know that you can have a Speed dial associated with a specific key for a contact...BUT you need to be in a very specific screen for it to work...any other screen but that one and it will just lead to a search that tyou then have to "Swipe" out of,....grrrr

Oh yes and truly the biggest failing is the lack of the top buttons from the Bold: Send, Menu, trackpad/clicker, Back, and end call these tactile buttons made navigation SOOOO quick and streamlined. without them blackberry feels lost and confusing to navigate

i realize that there is a "getting to know you" time period for any phone but really this is too much of a step down from efficiency and simple features that made Blackberry the best of the world in these terms 

The Q10 gets a D from me and i feel like the disappointment would make me want to give it a F but i m trying to be nice

it goes back to Verizon tomorrow i will be sending this message to RIM as well

Sooo dissappointed

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marysmarys
My Device: 9630

Re: SOOO disappointed with the Q10 :(

I have to agree with much of what is said here.  My Bold was so intuitive to use, right out of the box.  As was this writer, I was  all ready to pack the Q10 up and return it, but seemingly having the sync problem 'solved' will convince me to keep .... for now.   But I am hanging onto Old Bold just in case I change my mind in the next 14 days.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

Jonathanmarklee wrote:

First off the HUB, while an ok idea is simply over complicated. What is wrong with just having our notifications present in any screen for us to see. We shouldnt have to go through a few gestures just to see the notifications. and at a glance it is pretty confusing to view.

Yes, I would like to see the "New message notification" on all screens as well. You can, though, use a function called "peek" to see if you have any new messages. To do this (from any app). Swipe up from the keyboard to half of the screen and stay with your finger in the middle of the screen. To the left, it will show you what new messages you have. If you want to access them, swipe to the right from where you finger is. If you don't want to see them and want to continue in your current app, just sweep down again from where your finger was.

Jonathanmarklee wrote:

Thirdly the contact menus and lists are extremely confusing some contacts you can access by simply typing their names from thehome screen. Some like my personal fav and one that i use the most, "mom" pulls up some facebook contacts that i really never use but not the person i call almost the most of all

If you don't want your facebook contacts linked to your contacts, you have to do 2 things: In your contact list, swipe down and access Settings. Set Facebook to Off. Secondly, unlink the facebook contact from your contact.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts
My Device: 9900

it still adds facebook details to your contacts whether that is done or not. BS

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP
My Device: Passport

How do you unlink the Facebook contact from the contact??
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts

what r u nuts? i have like 500+ contacts. i have better things to do to manyally unlink each contact. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

RobertP wrote:
How do you unlink the Facebook contact from the contact??

Go to the contact in question, click on the "Chain" icon, unlink the contact you want, then Save.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts

haha, this is seriousluy monkey job. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP

I have to unlink each contact manually? Thats really crazy...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP

There should be definitelly an general option Link contacts/do not link contacts in the system.
Please use plain text.