Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
velociraptor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vipnet Croatia
Accepted Solution

SYNC problems detected and explained - BB should deliver fix ASAP

I see there are many issues with sync of GMAIL accounts, calendars, contacts etc. After short debbuging here is what i noticed for IMAP, ASync and Pop/SSL:

- if you setup accounts and stay only on service providers DATA CHANNEL  (no wireless enabled) everything should work fine

- if you are connected to only ONE WIRELLES AP and do not loose connection (if you do you will switch to SP DATA and get NOT CONNECTED message) everything should work fine,

- if you are on ISP data AND wireless enabled and you are on the move around city or driving BBQ10 will switch between known AP/s and SP Data in which case your SYNC WILL DROP. In sam cases (very rare) it will recover but in most cases you will have to reboot BBQ10 or get into accounts where will be stated in red that it can not connect to server. Reboot will resolve issue until next switch of network (wireless or data) than you will have to do it again. Other solution is that inside account (where you will see red notice that there is no server connection) manually revalidate account by adding password which is hassle but you can as well set PUSH TO OFF than SAVE and you will see account talking to server and you will be back online in CONNECTED mode until next switch of network. If you need PUSH just put it back and save - again it will talk to server, save setting, you will have push service back and account will work until next data channel jump....

Issue is constant on ASync and IMAP (Gmail) and somewath less spoted on POP/SSL. POP/SSL is kind of more resilient to this issue but just a little bit. 

If you have for example 5 accounts you will have to go through above steps each time your  Q10 changes network connection (DATA/WIRELESS)..... :-(((((((((((((((((((

For now I am using only SP DATA mode - NO WIRELESS - and hope that BB Team is reading this and will resolve this ASAP as well as BUGGY HUB and please give as some DATA TRAFFIC CONTROL.  

Thank you in advance. 

Kind regards,

Velociraptor

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
velociraptor

Re: SYNC problems detected and explained - BB should deliver fix ASAP

First to confirm that facebook, linkedin, and twitter also have problem so it is HUB problem with sync. 

Second, if you have more email accounts you can solve all accounts with one step only :

- when you loose connection/sync due to wireless/data switch on the move just go to AIRPLANE MODE for few seconds and disable it after that - all you accounts should be back online and start to sync normal until next wireless/data switch. Than you will have to go again through AIRPLANE MODE OFF/ON procedure. 

Sorry, this is fastest solution I found so far. 

Kind regards,

Velocireptor

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
velociraptor

With update today to Software Release 10.1.0.238 it seems that above problems are resolved. :-))) So far everything looks stable so i guess this update is recommended. 

Take care,

Velociraptor

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
velociraptor

I guess I just jumped to conclusion to early. :smileymad:

It is still the same mess!!! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
techie786
My Device: BlackBerry 8550i

With the 10.1.238 update it screws up with Active Sync for FirstClass. Calendar and Contacts stop syncing. I had to go back to the older OS on a couple of Q10s in our organization

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DaveN
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Not sure if anyone's following this thread anymore but...I have 10.1.0.4189 and have 2 email accounts.  Main account is Office365 MS Hosted Exchange and 2nd account is a simple POP3...

Since day 1 (just after the Q10 was available local in CT) my folders haven't synced properly.  New email came in properly, calendar and note are great (since I went to exchange) but I use lots of folders...

The POP3 seems to work just fine.

As of last evening Jan 16, 2014 I am no longer getting emails on the exchange account.  Calendar & notes (er...Reminders...) are fine.  I get no errors, just looks like no activity.

I've pulled the battery (several times); gone in & out of airplane mode, selected and deselected Sync All Folders, re-entered password; all with no change.

Any thoughts on this?

Please use plain text.