Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Classic

Screen stays black when Q10 is removed from Holster.

Last week Friday I received a swap device for my Q10 which was during setup automatically updated to 10.2.0.429.

From the first moment, the Q10 did not go into standby when inserted into the holster nor is the locked screen displayed when removed.

Unfortunately I have nor other holster or Q10 available to check whether the Q10 has an issue or the holster is broken.

Have you experienced similar issues?

Is this maybe caused by the new OS? In the screen settings there is now a new setting to avoid unwanted touching of the screen (can be set from 10 seconds to 5 minutes). I am not sure about this setting as I do not really understand what it does. To me it seems that even if you allow gestures on locked screen, with this new setting only swiping from bottom to top is allowed to unlock the screen. If you just touch it it stays black.

However, I do not understand what this does mean in terms of the time you can set and I wonder if this new setting now negatively affects the magnet switch of the holster.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex

Please feel free to hit "Like" if my post was helpful :-) Thank You!

Contributor
My Device: Q10, playbook

Re: Screen stays black when Q10 is removed from Holster.

I'm not sure why this is happening to you, but for what it's worth my Q10 running the newest update shuts off and turns on when holstered/removed from holster.  At least you can rule out it being an OS issue.  I also don't believe it's the avoid unwanted touching of the screen.  The magnet and the screen are unrelated.  I'd have to wonder if it's the new phone...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Classic

Hi, thanks for confirming that the New release is not causing this issue.
Meanwhile I got the Chance to test another BlackBerry Q10 on my holster with same result.
Therefore the holster is obviously the issue and I will have to get this swapped. Strage coincidence however that it happent that very Moment my Phone got swapped...

Please feel free to hit "Like" if my post was helpful :-) Thank You!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Classic Q20 and PlayBook 64Gb

With BB10 there isn't "holster profile" anymore unfortunately.

So indeed I would have guessed that the fault lies on the holster.

Coincicdences are there to make us doubt on obvious issues :smileywink:

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)