Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
lmgeuk
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

Re: Setting Google.co.uk as Search Engine

Well, good luck with your new device.

I think the BB10 release has converted BBY from the prime competitor to Apple, to its primary marketing arm.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harrydn
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks - and hope BB10 lives up to all expectations!

What do you mean on your last statement?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lmgeuk

What do I mean by the Z10 and Q10 being marketing tools for iPad/Phone and Samsung?

Well, they are no longer professional tools like the previous blackberries, they are more like the apple and samsung toys, but not as good - if they dont fix the current bugs within a few days or weeks, they will have no customer base left.

the BBY fans will scan ebay to buy old Bold devices, and the ones who like the toys will go tpo apple and samsung.

ie BBY is now a markeing arm for samsung and apple

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harrydn
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Aah I see - yes sadly totally agree. What I really wanted was an upgrade to the Bold - with a better screen, webbrowsing etc. and a good, basic menu system that was easy and efficient but I got a phone that lost all the great features of the BB, lack of BIS, BBM no longer exclusive, no Outlook integration (I don't know if this is still the case), email that didn't work properly, and the not so good features of an iPhone and Samsung - if I have to move away from the proffesional BB as you say, I may as well go for a Samsung.

Will be interesting to see how they fare over the next year or so - espeically now BBM is ging to be on all phones.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

lmgeuk wrote:

Coleman,

I think the question was not if it was possible to go to Google on the web, but if there is a way to set google as the default search engine, instead of bing?

is there a way?

No, the original poster asked if he could set the default search engine from google.COM to google.CO.UK. The answer to this question is "No".

The aswer to your questions is yes, you can choose between Bing, Yahoo and Google as default search engines. Instructions can be found here: http://m.crackberry.com/how-change-default-search-engine-blackberry-10

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lmgeuk

Thank you - spot on!

Please use plain text.