Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
jerby
My Device: Torch 9800

Setting Up Emails on the Q10

I have a serious struggle on right now to get my email accounts working. Have spent serveral hours with support advisors to no avail. How does one get with an expert on the subject on the new Q10?

Jerby, Why don't you create a separate specific thread on your issues on email setup, with all details, etc.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros
My Device: -

Re: Setting Up Emails on the Q10

It's the same as on the Z10 :smileyhappy: You shoult look at this tutorial http://crackberry.com/how-set-accounts-your-blackberry-10-device

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jerby
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks to a good tech support person at BB, we got thru the complexities of SMTP and have my emails functioning at 75% or more.

As an fyi to others, I have learned thru this process that BB 10's do not have full functionality as our previous Torch did with BB push, and in my case once out of cel coverage from Bell, I will only receive emails and will opt to reply thru another email address or method. At home 100%, and abroad 75%, is decent, considering that I like enough of the Q10 to overlook that one shortcoming.

Tutorials would not have gotten me there, but thanks anyhow designKros.    

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mAtiq
My Device: Q10 (User)

[ Edited ]

Dear designkros, I am having really trouble with setting up my email accounts on my blackberry Q10, i tried with all the local technicians and with my service provider but they haven't been able to assist me, while reading this page I have seen that you have been able to solve this issue that "I receive an email through 1 ID and reply that email through another ID." I hope you can help me also, your kind response will be highly appreciated, and if its possible I would like to speak with you over the call. Thanks Atiq {REMOVED}

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mAtiq

Please email me the procedure of this. Thanks Atiq

Please use plain text.
Contributor
planetboy
My Device: Blackberry Q10

dear Atiq, 

did your problem was solved ? i am facing same problem do any 1 can assist me?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
planetboy

did ur problem was solved ? how could u fix the office mails in your phone

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mAtiq

No, No one have replied me yet................... 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
planetboy

wen u set up using imap try to keep ssl OFF and try.. i got it done today..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
windingmywatch
My Device: Q10 (SQN100-1)

Had problems setting up 2 of my 3 emails.  Came on here and found that it is common problem.   Solution is to use the Advanced setup rather than the rather generic Basic one.  

Go into Accounts, then Add + account.

Bottom right swipe the ----o- -o---- looking thing which gets you to the Advanced screen

Then scroll to the type email ... for me that was POP

I had my laptop Outlook open and went step by step making sure I matched Port settings for inbound and outbound servers.   Watch out the default is for SSL On.  I had to turn mine off.

I spent at least 2 hours trying the basic setup including going and changing my email passwords at the provider level before reading here about using the Advanced screen.   Took all of 10 minutes once i did that with no problem. 

Wanted to share this because I know when you get a new phone especially upgrading to BB10 for me from the Torch BB7 was a pretty traumatic day.   Took me freaking forever just to figure out how to answer the phone!

Please use plain text.