Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

dennisedl
My Device: q10

Sim Full

Dear Community,

Can you please assist me.

I keep getting this popup.

SIM FULL

Sim is now full and cannot store additional messages. Please delete messages from SIM.

Please tell me how to delete the messages from the SIM, I have been all over the "Settings" area and I simply cannot find any place where I can delete the messages from the SIM, I certainly cannot do this from the Blackberry Hub.

I need some help please,

With many thanks and kind regards,

Dennis Ramsumair

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Sim Full

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mwa1340200505520.jsp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
dennisedl
My Device: q10

I followed your link and it took me to the the page with the information as below.

When I go to "Text Messages" from the hub scree, the display only shows as follows:

Text Messages

SMS                  MMS

Confirm Delivery      (off)

Enable Word Substitution   (on)

The is no settings to save text messages to SIM or to delete the messages from SIM

I would please like to delete the messages fromt he SIM on my Blackberry Q10 so that the annoying popup does not continue.

Save text messages to your SIM card

If your BlackBerry device uses a SIM card, you can save copies of your text-only text messages (SMS) on your SIM card.
  1. In the BlackBerry Hub, tap Menu > Settings Settings > Text Messages > SMS.
  2. Set the Leave Messages On SIM Card switch to On.

Did this help you?

Looking for more assistance please,

Dennis

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If all your messages are being saved to the sim card then deleting text messages should delete them from the sim card. I'm not sure why the option is missing. I noticed it's missing from mine too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark

Did you have that sim in another device before moving to the Q10? It doesn't appear that the option for saving messages to the sim card is available anymore. I would start deleting your oldest text messages and see if you can get the message to go away. Just deleting sms conversations from the Hub does NOT delete the individual text messages. Open the conversation and scroll up and delete the message individually. You can also use the "Clear Chat" option and according to the message on the screen all messages will be deleted, though I usually just delete them one by one to be sure.
Guru I
John_Clark

I've been told that if you no longer have the option for the messages on the sim card that the best option is to replace the sim card. The device should be saving future messages on the device and you shouldn't see that message again.
Visitor
cablay28
My Device: Z10

having the same problem i wonder what are the other option you can suggest to solve this problem using z10 10.2.0 OS . Deleted all the SMS but still problem persist and same error SIM Full

Guru I
John_Clark

The solution is in the post just above yours. You'll need to get a new sim. I was told this by a BlackBerry representative. The option to save messages on the sim has been removed so there is no way to delete them.
Contributor
hbilke
My Device: Q10 + 9900 Bold - Playbooks 16GB + 64GB

How often should I change SIM cards? It's my 2nd one that gives me that da... message after a while!

Harry